Weaslys grandfather clock project, Harry Potter

BC-FX

After a few weeks of thinking about it I made a start to day on building the Weaslys grandfather clock from Harry Potter, I'd be interested to see any other replica out there Im going to power the movement with an arduino servos n motors
d724ce5d2d8607b7d92031b5613eab69.jpg
f93bb8d7e6c9e320b3682f2b7502e3e2.jpg
fffcdb4ee6421dbe5a0b2ff97f26584c.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Merlin's Beard...what a wonderful project. You are a really talented carpenter! Wow!

The closest that I've come to making the Weasley's clock is a miniature....

MrsWeasley and clock.JPG
And I thought THAT was a lot of work..(and it isn't even a functional one)
...but a real one will be such a treasure.

I can't wait to see your progress on this.
FANTASTIC!

MrsWeasley and clock.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Merlin's Beard...what a wonderful project. You are a really talented carpenter! Wow!

The closest that I've come to making the Weasley's clock is a miniature....

View attachment 740019
And I thought THAT was a lot of work..(and it isn't even a functional one)
...but a real one will be such a treasure.

I can't wait to see your progress on this.
FANTASTIC!
Thank you that's awesome I wouldn't call myself a carpenter bit of a jack of all trades but that's what you've got to be to be a prop maker

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I added some moldings and the face and I not to happy about the size of the half circular window it needs to be bigger, tham mouldings to the bottom window and the small barely twists and it's ready for paint
d6a2f90699414898738b9a4c6eaf25d7.jpg

Hi, guys, I'm working on the animatronics now and looking for some quality servos, stepper motors gears and chains within a budget, of course, has anyone got a supplier UK based preferably

this is something that's gonna run 24/7 powered by Arduino can anybody help?

Hi, I am working on a Weasley Clock, too and I would like to share some of my recent progress pictures with you. Maybe they help you.

I am working on the mechanics for the clockwork. I use a stepper motor kit from Amazon which is compatible with an Arduino board. The great advantage is that the kit already contains the hardware to control each stepper motor.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 02.39.26.png

I designed the whole clockwork with 123d design. It has layers for each stepper. Every stepper has a lego gear that is connected to a center rod which also has a gear for each clock-hand.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 02.34.22.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 02.34.34.png

This is how it looks in reality... the center rod still is a long toothpick. It will be changed to five metal rods that are put together inside of each other... (hard to explain):

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_3006.JPG

I am currently working on designs for the clock-hands. This is my first try:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 01.37.36.pngIMG_3051.JPG

Btw I also have a vector file of the clockface. If you are interested just let me know :) I can also change the different places to places you like.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 02.47.26.png

I hope my designs and ideas will maybe give you some inspiration for you clock. The corpus you designed looks fantastic already and I am looking forward to share more ideas and comments with you :)

Last edited:
It's gonna move in 3 sets

Ahh okay that's a clever idea :) Do you have a high detail image of the clockface btw? I searched the web for two days and I stumbled upon a "Weasley Clock" from NECA. It was a high detail print off the clockface with two hands showing the time. If we can manage to find someone who sells it we could build a absolutely perfect replica... I found one on eBay but it's more than 200$ because it is a collectors item now. Any ideas?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back