Novice Builder Looking to Make a Wearable C3PO

Lemastersg

Hey guys!

I'm trying to research as best I can how to construct C3PO armor. I know next to nothing about armor builds and would really like to learn about it. I also want to do this C3PO build as screen-accurately and cost-efficiently as possible so I want to do as much research as possible before I dive into anything. My guess is 3D Printing is the route to take, because I think it'll be a little cheaper in the long run and I'll be able to tailor it a bit better to my body. If anyone knows of files that I can find that'd be super.

I'm having trouble finding any sort of comprehensive guide for any sort of armor build - even a 501st TK, let alone a protocol droid. Is there any sort of read through on what I need to do step by step with armor?

I'm a little sleep-deprived right now, so if I think any more questions or concerns, I'll be sure to let you all know. Thanks for your advice!

I would think the way to go for 3PO, if you wanted to do everything yourself, would be to:

1. Get your body dimensions (I hope you are skinny) :)
2. Sculpt each each section in clay
3. Build your own vacuum former (or buy one)
4. Vacuum form you pieces you sculpted
5. Glue up the pieces and finish off the details

Vacuum forming is probably the way to go there. 3D printing an entire suit is not really practical compared to vacuum forming. Plus the 3D will not be as resilient. You would also spend a buttload of money on the 3D printed build if you were able to pull it off.

There are a few really good tutorials on youtube on how to build your own vacuum former for cheap. The only issue would be sculpting the pieces. But I would definitely start there. My TK is a vacuumed form kit and has stood the test of time.

No read thru brother. Lots of patience. There are no free C3PO 3D files. There is a set that are tightly held onto by the creator and I don't think he sells them or he sells them for $$$

You can't find a TK build thread? Did you join whitearmor.net? If not then go there.

Also for 3PO join the C3PO builders FB page for the info you seek.

** CustomProps just offered 10 spots for C3PO complete costume. $2900.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is sculpting this something really possible? My worry is getting the details done accurately and making things symmetrical; since I don't have much sculpting experience I feel like that could be a problem.

Is sculpting this something really possible? My worry is getting the details done accurately and making things symmetrical; since I don't have much sculpting experience I feel like that could be a problem.

Well I'd say you certainly need some experience to pull it off. You gotta start somewhere but i don't know if a full size C3PO is the place.

Another thing is there are many pieces that are asymmetrical and getting those right may prove harder then the symmetrical stuff.

Someone just posted the builder group forums but it's usually dead there. The FB group is more active.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/625083917695138/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://bc3pobuilders.runboard.com

thats a link to the 3po builders forum.

good luck

wicked awesome site!! i highly recommend you sign up over there and ask for some advice, they are great people! to me the c3po build leader in the world is Gordan Tarpley. he's got a youtube channel and has A LOT of videos that go into great depths of how he builds his suits. i have spent many hours watching his videos. he also shares on how to paint the gold to match what we see on screen. which is a great option over having it vacuum metalized which is VERY expensive

https://www.youtube.com/user/gordontarpley

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back