MCU Spiderman Homecoming build from scratch

PooMmm

Heyyy,

Here is something I've been working on for a long time now. It's the new Marvel Spider Man Homecoming suit. I started with a blank red and blue spandex and sketched out the rough designs and patterns from there. Some were based on the great design that Kenlandrum posted. The red and blue parts were all screen printed. Here are some photos of the work I've done so far.
Also, I've found great reference photos from many different sources including here, therpf.com :)
But right now, I'm facing a little trouble in sewing the suit together. I finished all the parts and now I'm trying to work my way around sewing it together. Any advise would be appreciated.

RED PARTS:
IMG_2318.JPGIMG_2616.JPGIMG_2531.JPGIMG_2598.JPGIMG_2694.JPGIMG_4277.JPGIMG_2515.JPG

BLUE PARTS:
First one is from the movie; the last two is what I've done (to give you guys some comparison);
IMG_2424.PNGIMG_4529.JPGIMG_4531.JPG

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Spider-Man-Homecoming-Triptych-2_1200_1750_81_s.jpg
    Spider-Man-Homecoming-Triptych-2_1200_1750_81_s.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 453
One more question, any ideas on how to make the boots (red part) detachable from the blue??

Will zipper works? Or velcro?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more question, any ideas on how to make the boots (red part) detachable from the blue??

Will zipper works? Or velcro?

Thanks

In my TASM2 suit, I used invisible separating zippers. They're not that comfortable around the calves, but it works

Looks amazing so far! Where did you get your screen printing done?

I created my own screen for all of the screen printing and done all of it myself. The screen is massive [emoji23]. I've used different techniques to get the pattern I wanted on the screen.

Also, anyone has an idea on the back spider emblem??

Thanks!!

I created my own screen for all of the screen printing and done all of it myself. The screen is massive [emoji23]. I've used different techniques to get the pattern I wanted on the screen.

Also, anyone has an idea on the back spider emblem??

Thanks!!

May I ask what inks you used? Are they stretcheable? And how durable are they? And for the back spider emblem, maybe a red rubber sheet cut into the correct shape?

f3ddd7b726f66d07589e059e1fa7dcfe.jpg

Here is an update. I got one arm done, added a hidden zipper on the wrist.

297ba9bb79423d52d5c3d3097f6acd17.jpg

Also printed one of the 3d model of the webshooters from ken's post. Man they are amazing.

The screen print ink is very durable and the are able to stretch along with the spandex without cracking or breaking. Any type of ink would work. Mine is a bit raised from the fabric and gave some rubber feeling.

What do you guys think?

Saw Homecoming last night aswell, really brilliant!

My only advice for the screenprinted parts is that the lines on the blue are actually just supposed to be "blank spaces" in the screenprinting, much like the dark blue squares the lines reveal the darker fabric underneath rather than being separate lines on top of the pattern. Here is a screenshot that shows it pretty well.

Untitled-1.jpg

Saw Homecoming last night aswell, really brilliant!

My only advice for the screenprinted parts is that the lines on the blue are actually just supposed to be "blank spaces" in the screenprinting, much like the dark blue squares the lines reveal the darker fabric underneath rather than being separate lines on top of the pattern. Here is a screenshot that shows it pretty well.

View attachment 741636

Ahhhhh i see what you meant. I've never seen that picture before, but it would kinda make sense. Might have to adjust it a bit

Here is an update though :

c10a153f15c9b0a2d14479fac0c5b517.jpg

I have finished sewing the boots. Any ideas on how to get rid of the wrinkles??

Thanks

Ahhhhh i see what you meant. I've never seen that picture before, but it would kinda make sense. Might have to adjust it a bit

Here is an update though :

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170707/c10a153f15c9b0a2d14479fac0c5b517.jpg

I have finished sewing the boots. Any ideas on how to get rid of the wrinkles??

Thanks

Did you place a shoe inside of the boot? I think that will fix most of the wrinkles, but also the boot will stretch more once the entire suit is sewn together. Ken's file looks really good on colored lycra, my only complaint about the file is how the red on the back is way too low compared to the movie suit. Can't wait to see more. May I ask why you didn't go the full mile and screenprint the texture on the red? :)

Did you place a shoe inside of the boot? I think that will fix most of the wrinkles, but also the boot will stretch more once the entire suit is sewn together. Ken's file looks really good on colored lycra, my only complaint about the file is how the red on the back is way too low compared to the movie suit. Can't wait to see more. May I ask why you didn't go the full mile and screenprint the texture on the red? :)

I have started this project a long time ago. Back then there werent much reference pictures, so I wasn't sure what the pattern was. And also, the ink wont really show through or "pop up" with the red spandex. So I just go with the plane one.

I will definitely do it with my next suit. Any suggestion?? I have some ideas but not sure if it will work or not. I have seen some that pops out and looks real nice. But I dont know how to achieve that outcome.

I will definitely do it with my next suit. Any suggestion?? I have some ideas but not sure if it will work or not. I have seen some that pops out and looks real nice. But I dont know how to achieve that outcome.

I'm looking into trying something similar myself. My school has screen printing materials, so I'm hopefully gonna be able to run some tests. My idea is to make a dot pattern all over the suit pattern in photoshop and then "erase" the dot pattern from the webs/spider, black parts etc. First I will screen the weblines and the black parts (like you did) on red fabric, next I will screenprint the red dot pattern. This does require you to put the screen in the exact spot though, so that the red dots don't overlap the weblines or black parts. Sorry if that explanation was a little messy. I don't have too much knowledge when it comes to screenprinting, I'm still trying out different methods.

I'm looking into trying something similar myself. My school has screen printing materials, so I'm hopefully gonna be able to run some tests. My idea is to make a dot pattern all over the suit pattern in photoshop and then "erase" the dot pattern from the webs/spider, black parts etc. First I will screen the weblines and the black parts (like you did) on red fabric, next I will screenprint the red dot pattern. This does require you to put the screen in the exact spot though, so that the red dots don't overlap the weblines or black parts. Sorry if that explanation was a little messy. I don't have too much knowledge when it comes to screenprinting, I'm still trying out different methods.

Interesting. Is there any suggested ink that would work well and gives it the right texture??

Thankyou

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back