Tom's ANH Stunt Graflex

I've been busy working all day, haven't had a single minute to check the forums. jumped on now looking forward to see what tom is up to today. c'mon buddy dont hold out! I've been thinking of your build all day long lol no joke!

have i mentioned how excited i am for this?! :devil

I'll upload pictures ASAP. Studied some photos and found the red button was just affixted to the tube. I sculpted some VHB auto foam tape and held it over the stove to cure it....one second.

DSCN4299.jpgDSCN4300.jpgDSCN4301.jpg

pressed the button into some of that VHB foam tape, cut it into a circle around the edges of the button, peeled the other side off and pressed it on. both sides - 15-30 seconds of pressure followed by the heat and more pressure

Tom it's looking great!! Last night I had a killer chase of insomnia. I was up looking at mini electric drills last night to cannibalize for a motor and battery pack.

Harbor freight has some small cheap drills, next time im out there way I'm going to check.

I also looked for the quick disconnect connectors last night... didn't have as much luck with that, as I did the white button..

I think Kurt had to paint one side of the connectors red because I was searching until 3am with no luck (dragging my feet now...)

Anyone else know the connect name of the disconnect wires hanging out of it?

I searched

"Vintage 28 gauge disconnect"
"Quick disconnect"
"Hobby quick disconnect"
"1 pin disconnect"

I also searched the same site as the button with no luck...

On screen it almost looks like male and female microphone wire connectors. But I don't know if those connectors can handle 12v/24v's

611f34aa8d91f53cf12d81636646ba74.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these larger photos, thank you thank you!

Anyone have better resolution of this one? This saber was on set for ROTJ!
CIMnfwsWIAA4LRB.jpg

Ok Tom here we go. First photo is this the graflex in Hamill's hand? It looks like it has a emitter like the V2/v3 but that might be something on the guys jacket behind him

I also believe it's the red button and glass eye making it look like a T shape
008e777ac8815259ab59a90346fd55d6.jpg

72221455f598184667fc1cac1aedf98e.jpg

Next same duel, same cloths, same kid sitting down in the back ground. You can really see the white circle that the wires came out of here
4cc9eed33ef1f0ca1a40f52a11529129.jpg

5c5ed36d7338aabf3b8e21b4c5701d99.jpg

Next falcon scene, to me does it look like a missing grip? Didn't we see somewhere else a missing grip?
2f6f15a2e9e1a4a479b83933cabb047a.jpg

Another great duel shot of the grips
741bff49c9965fdcbf9bb993382e55ac.jpg
6930ceda5e4eb9d23774f59ae0b393b6.jpg

I don't know if this GIF will work, but is that the hole I see on the end of the saber Andersen is holding? Or the famous center hole?
310bf3f95ab311190388683dd80105ed.gif

Lastly another great picture in andersens hand and the circle wire circle hole
eabce291181c735568f5baa3b2a3e185.png

331517ce0d818a8760664be03048c184.png

That's all I got

dang they look much bigger on my screen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

blowing up my screen there is definitely a hole in the end of the saber in andersens hand in the still photo. definitely

Last edited:
260c84f552f09e865de1bd535bf43b54.png

call me cray but it looks like 7 to me? :wacko

3cf96058f878509734c402e242b2b5d0.png

this is the one that makes me believe there is a bidding grip, see that large silver area? and those blurs at the top are the red button and glass eye for sure now.

I freaking love you, platonically

What we're seeing near the clamp is the white switch and its left over hole

I think theres another hole near the rear, also in between the grips, for the wires...

wish I could pause that gif, its amazing!!

And yes,...whatever endcap this is, its got a hole in the center..

- - - Updated - - -

Youll see the grip missing in that black and white photo I provided earlier showing the early button!

you can clearly see the thread on the red button just like you said. it really boggles my mind on what they used to keep that red button on there?! i can't imagine glue would keep it on with all the dueling its been through. one hit and that sucker is popping off...

i wonder if it was screwed in or something?

I ruled out the Kobold theory for now. I have a damaged and cut up Kobold flash body/bottom and my thin aluminum tube actually slides in the Kobold. OD is an unchanging variable, as its for the clamp.

- - - Updated - - -

you can clearly see the thread on the red button just like you said. it really boggles my mind on what they used to keep that red button on there?! i can't imagine glue would keep it on with all the dueling its been through. one hit and that sucker is popping off...

i wonder if it was screwed in or something?

looks to me to be very high ...if it was screwed in they'd have to shoulder pull the tube and tap it...and it would sit lower. I imagine they used the strongest glue they had and kept reapplying it - it seems to be missing in many photos.

Also, I forgot, in its current state there are no holes where those graflex parts were!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, your close up of the prowse warehouse battle shows the switch replacement was close to flat with the tube, and silver.

I ruled out the Kobold theory for now. I have a damaged and cut up Kobold flash body/bottom and my thin aluminum tube actually slides in the Kobold. OD is an unchanging variable, as its for the clamp.

- - - Updated - - -

looks to me to be very high ...if it was screwed in they'd have to shoulder pull the tube and tap it...and it would sit lower. I imagine they used the strongest glue they had and kept reapplying it - it seems to be missing in many photos.

Also, I forgot, in its current state there are no holes where those graflex parts were!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, your close up of the prowse warehouse battle shows the switch replacement was close to flat with the tube, and silver.

oh man! i didnt know we have pictures with the button missing! i imagine the black tip saber probably doesnt have it right?

im gonna have to double check that switch replacement

- - - Updated - - -

d9eb744163f0d4b01b1e8904d6e67b15.png

if your referring to this one tom i was wondering. you see the white "grommet" where the switch would be? i wonder if that is A: part of the original switch under the white shroud of the white button

B: the switch was removed, and this white grommet was on the lower part of the saber where the wires came out. they just for some reason moved it to the switch location

i think I've seen this grommet before on the lower half of the saber with the wires coming out, but i can't seem to find it right now. i may also be confused with something else, i have to re check all my pictures

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back