Captain Hook (Jason Isaacs) Hook from Peter Pan (2003)

Hi Everyone!

As was mentioned in a previous thread, I am having an awesome 3D printer artist and prop maker make me an updated prop hook from the Jason Isaacs version of Captain Hook. If you recall, I have a replica of this prop made by the same prop maker from the film in Australia (who has since gone MIA and is banned by the 501st Legion). The original replica was made from fiberglass and polyurethane. As a result, the hook itself is somewhat flimsy and I do not trust it to wear at Cons or Renaissance Faires.

So, I am having a local 3D print artist recreate the prop entirely 3D printed. Check out some of the pictures below for the progress.

This hook will also be able to screw on and off like it does in the film.

The gauntlet (the sleeve that covers the wrist, hand, and arm) was printed in 3 sections and then assembled:

image1.JPG

Here is the gauntlet after some preliminary sanding/smoothing and primer:

image2.JPG

Let me know what you guys think and if you are interested, I can give you the name of the artist. Make sure to check back soon for more updates and pictures!

Enjoy!
gollivander

Some more updates...bondo/craft clay was added to help fill in some gaps and to help with smoothing out the surface at the top of the gauntlet:

Hook 2003 bondo smoothing.JPG

And the discs beneath the hook have been painted:

Hook 2003 discs painted.JPG

Now just waiting for the next update...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back