Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Roodown character

skilltreenz

Hi all,

I am working on building a Roodown costume, latex head sculpt, upolstry foam body with a latex coating, EVA armor and arms, and some cloth for the pants etc..
Wondering if anyone in the group has more information or a view of the back of the Roodown.

I will document the work so far and what I have left to do.
I did a quick outline of myself on some butcher paper. I am 6'2" so my eyes will be looking out of the vent on the top.

IMG_20170602_165321_925.jpg

I did a quick styrofoam head for my armature to ensure I am not using 300lbs of WED clay for the project.
IMG_20170602_165321_928.jpg

I created some eyes out of plaster using dome topped drink lids with another curved piece of plastic inverted in the opening.
1093101.jpg

I put the eyes in and threw lots of clay at it to give it a fully covered area to work on top of.
IMG_20170610_232120_981.jpg

This is my first pass at the sculpting, I am going to spend a great deal of time doing the detailing. The head goes directly into the chest so I will be adding some support via a backpack or something of that nature.

IMG_20170620_185717_476.jpg

Would love to get some feedback and if anyone knows of a good source of reference for this character, I would love to know about it.

Pictures I have used for ref:
Crusher_Roodown.jpgcrusher_roodown2.jpg

This beautiful concept board by Jake Lunt Davies has a great sculpt of an Abednedo head about the Crusher Roodown character which has been instrumental in my current sculpt.
jake_lunt_davies.jpg

Awesome sir! I am still in the process of molding the head.. have to run a business and teach classes so my work will be slow, but steady as I have a deadline looming!

Thanks, it is already.. I just demolded earlier today, that mold must have weighed about 60 pounds. Posting some pictures of this tomorrow.
Mods, sorry for the incorrect location, thanks for moving it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back