Making a firing blaster out of a Tomenosuke blaster kit , and finish/bluing questions

bitfi3nd

I finally have a metal blaster kit on the way to me from Japan!
I've been obsessed with the BR blaster since I saw the movie in the theatre, I've always wanted to build a working one, and now I have an opportunity.
I have a .44 Bulldog waiting as well.

People out there with firing blasters; who did you use to make the barrel & machine the frame?

I also have a few questions about bluing the Steyr receiver in the kit? What kind of metal is it made of? Will it accept hot blue? I'm going to go for a fresh out of the box from the factory look with mine. Also wondering how much work needs to be done to prep the parts/how rough they are. I'm excited to get it.
Thanks in advance..

Re: Making a firing blaster out of a Tomenosuke blaster kit , and finish/bluing quest

I would contact a gun smith if you are serious. The build would be awesome but you would want to be careful not to do some serious damage, especially with revolvers. Good luck with your build!

Re: Making a firing blaster out of a Tomenosuke blaster kit , and finish/bluing quest

Yeah, just trying to get input from people who have done it already. I have a gunsmith, but I'm not sure whether he would be up for the work on this or not. Plus he takes forever.
I know a few years ago Rich Coyle had an extra barrel for sale, but I missed out on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tons!

The sane people who have done this have thoughtfully restricted them to firing only blanks due to the fact that the original was built with a Charter Arms Bulldog. It is probably not worth the hassle to convert a real firearm into a prop.

I worked at an armory for years and have several gunsmith friends. If you mess up the timing on that cylinder bad things will happen. I have had a gun detonate in my hands before and was blessed to walk away uninjured, it annihilated the wall next to me. Be careful, don't do it without a qualified gunsmith. Good luck it will be awesome finished.

eltee is the one you want to speak to...:cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back