Toy Story-The Story Of Andy's Dad

Wow, that is depressing, I can see why Disney/Pixar would have said no to it. It's very well written, though, and would be amazing to see animatics or script pages from it in a future anniversary release.

Sounds like that was excised before the final script even - before anyone outside Pixar heard a peep about it.

Very sad indeed, but you can tell it's real due to how perfect it ties it all together.

Hmmmm....

The update on the article disputes this:

Update: Looks like his word might not be enough. Andrew Stanton, who co-wrote all three Toy Story films (and the upcoming fourth film), has disputed Mozart’s claim, calling it “complete and utter fake news.” Now, it’s possible Ranft had his own origin for Andy’s dad that wasn’t shared with the others, but that’s not something that can be verified. In any case, Mozart’s story looks to be his own. We’ve reached out to both Stanton and Mozart for more information.

Um…… I'll go with my initial supposition when Toy Story (1) came out. DIVORCE. That's why Andy's mom is selling the house, it's part of the settlement, or she's moving closer to work. Or something. Of course, the film is told from the POV not even of a small boy, but of the small boy's toys, so they have NO inkling of what's going on.

And at Christmas
he gets a puppy.
Perfect panacea for "my parents don't love each other anymore."

Sorry, but some toy designer and confidante of a now deceased Pixar writer reveals a secret that Andrew Stanton flatly denies? I don't buy it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Um…… I'll go with my initial supposition when Toy Story (1) came out. DIVORCE. That's why Andy's mom is selling the house, it's part of the settlement, or she's moving closer to work. Or something. Of course, the film is told from the POV not even of a small boy, but of the small boy's toys, so they have NO inkling of what's going on.

And at Christmas
he gets a puppy.
Perfect panacea for "my parents don't love each other anymore."

Sorry, but some toy designer and confidante of a now deceased Pixar writer reveals a secret that Andrew Stanton flatly denies? I don't buy it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THIS. The story posted is absurd and created strictly for shock value. I mean, seriously. WHY would they create such an incredibly sad story. I'm not convinced that a back story for Andy's dad was ever written simply because it's not needed. Someone just had way too much time on their hands.

THIS. The story posted is absurd and created strictly for shock value. I mean, seriously. WHY would they create such an incredibly sad story...

This is what is so off-putting about it to me. It's so explicit in trying to evoke a sad response that it almost borders comical. Also...Polio? Honestly? C'mon.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back