Space Jockey Cockpit

crawjaw

Sr Member
This is my attempt to re-create the Space Jockey/Engineer's cockpit from the Alien/Prometheus franchise. It was intended as the centre piece of a display float for our local Gala Day but unforeseen circumstances meant it was never completed. It was built over a 2 month period and was only ever meant to be a loose representation and in no way screen accurate. I had to make it boxier shaped than the original for speed reasons and the telescope was much reduced in length for logistical reasons (weight and our unpredictable weather in Scotland). It measures 8 ft high, 6 ft long and 6 ft wide. Constructed using cardboard, insulating foam and pipe insulating and formed round my old leather recliner. I was working separately on the pilot and although I eventually abandoned the cockpit I do intend finishing the bust. Here's the cockpit on my back door decking before I cut it up in frustration.

20170614_Alien_0390_Final.jpg

It might not be screen accurate but it sure is comfy. There's a hollow cardboard tube runs the length of the telescope and you can see through it. The grandweans love it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back