How do you talk to companies about small clothing runs?

Maryfoxfirebird

The uniform shirt that I'm looking for was custom made in house by the costuming department. I don't really have access to a sewing machine nor the time and patience. I know a few people who would to cosplay this character. I'm trying to find uniform shops that would be able to do small batches of the uniform shirt and sell the remaining to other cosplayers. Has anyone done this before? Success stories? Failures?

katherine_barrell_wynonnaearp_1-2.jpgWynonna-Earp-103-8.pnghaught uniform.jpg

I did a small run of full dye sublimation hoodies 2 months ago for a car rally I participate in. Some companies will do it, but its VERY costly. We had a run of 36 hoodies (normally the minimum is 200 units) with design and everything it came out to $200 per zip up hoodie. They were bad ass and I love them, but this gives you an idea of price.

Normally the higher the unit count then the setup, design and production costs can be spread out over the larger amount of units. The smaller the run, the more costly it is per unit.

I was on a Doctor Who Cosplay forum and they would regularly schedule group runs on costume items so I know there are places that do it. A guy on this forum named manofsteel25 has organized a lot of those. He's been inactive a while though. You might private message him.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back