How's everyone attaching their mystery disk? It doesn't quite line up over the existing hole and I'd rather not just glue it on but maybe that's the only option?

This is the last part of my AWC DL-44 build, and on to the holster next. And all the @chubsANDdoggers parts have been great. Really won me over to Shapeways too.

View attachment 839226

Happy to hear you like the parts! You did an awesome job on that left side as well [emoji482]

I just use epoxy to attach it but first I cover in the hole with the same putty I used in post #217..
e86d7c94da0ca75b1acf11ddc0669fc0.jpg

But you could also attach it with a set screw by drilling a new hole to tap. I do this on TFA airsoft build when attaching its “mystery disk”. Only issue is that the holes might double line up and that might make it very difficult to do if you want this disk to sit where it should. But you can see how I attached TFA disk on post #7..
b5a7a583e1dcaa0b2b54878504356ac5.jpg

Epoxy though would be your best bet once you fill in the hole I believe. This is mine here (first pic is of film prop). I also repainted my build a matte black as well as that seems to closer to what he carried in the film?
bf35385b3c9c0b281e80ded184b6ebde.jpg
3b23240e5bf5ea2145fcdf70259090f2.jpg
6212dfde51bd7c4f5bd6540f65f182c5.jpg
59cf595e4d9b2311daf59760c8e1c016.jpg
5813e9251f48bcac7c5aa891c447ad11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to hear you like the parts! You did an awesome job on that left side as well [emoji482]

I just use epoxy to attach it but first I cover in the hole with the same putty I used in post #217
But you could also attach it with a set screw by drilling a new hole to tap. I do this on TFA airsoft build when attaching its “mystery disk”. Only issue is that the holes might double line up and that might make it very difficult to do if you want this disk to sit where it should. But you can see how I attached TFA disk on post #7..

Epoxy though would be your best bet once you fill in the hole I believe. This is mine here. I also repainted my build a matte black as well as that seems to closer to what he carried in the film?

Thanks - I tried filling the hole and then re-drilling but it was too close and I couldn't get a new hole in. Looks like it'll be the epoxy for me.

That’s cool :thumbsup

love those grips! Any methods you can share on how to get a finish like that? I’d like to add some wooden grips to my resin stunt blaster.

hey your ROTJ build is amazing on that MGC. thankf for taking a back shot of the second cut-down scope ring, theres never been a shot of that and I always wondered where it was cut

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back