Just curious; where did you pick up the resin cast Mauser?

As Marcos22579 mentioned I found it on eBay sold by “Corellianexports”. Only warning I can say is one of the two resin Mauser I bought actually came broken and seller’s only help was saying good luck in fixing it. He wasn’t very helpful and I bought it outside of eBay so make sure you protect urself. Buy through eBay and use PayPal..

Last edited by a moderator:
As @Marcos22579 mentioned I found it on eBay sold by “Corellianexports”. Only warning I can say is one of the two resin Mauser I bought actually came broken and seller’s only help was saying good luck in fixing it. He wasn’t very helpful and I bought it outside of eBay so make sure you protect urself. By through eBay and use PayPal..

they've been a bit sketchy with me in the past too.

I also agree its cool seeing the mauser in it's real dimensions. I made a blaster with a Lytle cast aluminum Mauser and its my favorite blaster

Here a progress pic of a new build I’m presently working on for someone. It’s based off that bunker ROTJ blaster that was recently auctioned off for 550k. I remodeled all my parts thanks to all those new hi res pics that also became available because of the auction.

The base is an MGC Mauser just like the film used prop. If all goes well it should be a pretty close to 1:1 duplication of said prop..
c547faefce9476f9230b8bf318ce1bc5.jpg

Thanks H0llyw00d. Honestly it’s the same as tapping a denix really. All u need is a good center punch. Plus any mistake can always be corrected with some patients.

I noticed something tonight while watching EMPIRE. When Luke falls in Cloud City he looks to be carrying the same style resin blaster he used on Dagobah..
114e3bd5e0c94352dce0bd17b80a653c.jpg
4901bbf0be61b065475ffa9dcfa69b66.jpg
b25d8f42ea2551db318726dc9df0c971.jpg
123d8ccd761580fe798a33bf0d1f1b32.jpg

The scope/mount looks to have either broken off or was taken off. But what’s interesting is the paint job. It looks like they painted it with the scope and mount already attached??

AW Custom to “SOLO:ASWS” DL-44 Blaster conversion build thread..

Basically there are 4 modifications that you need to make to the above airsoft for it to be screen accurate. (5 if you include the added line in the scope dial)..

- replace the bull barrel
- replace the heat sink grille
- replace the mystery disk
- convert the left side of the airsoft

I’ve made all these “special modifications” available below for those that are interested..

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dl-44-blaster?section=1-SOLO:ASWS+"AW+Custom"&sort=

chubsANDdoggers / John,

I'm thinking of converting my AW Custom to the Han SOLO movie version. Thanks for providing the parts necessary for that. You go into great comparison about the "Smooth" vs "Smoothest" Fine Detail Plastics offered by Shapeways. But they also offer Versatile Plastics. I've have received Black Natural Versatile Plastic from them before - What do you think of Versatile Plastics? Is it better in your opinion? I know you don't represent Shapeways, but is the shipping discount for ordering all parts at once?

Thanks for any information.

Jedar

AW Custom to “SOLO:ASWS” DL-44 Blaster conversion build thread..

So it seems for this new film they just bought up a bunch of the AW Custom airsofts and then proceeded to make some “special modifications”. To many this is a dream has come true. An affordable screen accurate blaster within our grasps!! My goal with this conversion is to keep it as simple as possible while still remaining faithful to the actual film prop itself..

Basically there are 4 modifications that you need to make to the above airsoft for it to be screen accurate. (5 if you include the added line in the scope dial)..

- replace the bull barrel
- replace the heat sink grille
- replace the mystery disk
- convert the left side of the airsoft

chubsANDdoggers

I'm going to modify AW Custom to the Han SOLO movie version. Going by the pictures from the movie. It looks like they kept the stock plastic grips even on the hero prop. Would you change out the grips to Wooden Mauser grips? If so, which wooden grips would fit the AW Custom the best with the least modifications? DEC? eBay, Amazon or a place called "Epic Militara? Ones made for Denix / MGC? or the real Mauser c96?

Thanks

Jedar

chubsANDdoggers / John,

I'm thinking of converting my AW Custom to the Han SOLO movie version. Thanks for providing the parts necessary for that. You go into great comparison about the "Smooth" vs "Smoothest" Fine Detail Plastics offered by Shapeways. But they also offer Versatile Plastics. I've have received Black Natural Versatile Plastic from them before - What do you think of Versatile Plastics? Is it better in your opinion? I know you don't represent Shapeways, but is the shipping discount for ordering all parts at once?

Thanks for any information.

Jedar

That black is the exact same as the white just died BUT the white is “processed” which means it’s technically more smoother.

The “detailed” plastic is the Smoothest. If ur not going to paint then the black will work just fine. If ur painting then use the “processed white” or “smooth detailed” or “smoothest detailed”. All will work just fine. It’s just more a matter of details is all. You can see a comparison in the thread..

Shipping works as u would think. Order everything at once and only pay one price. If u order individually then u will pay shipping each time. It’s a set price I believe.

Hopefully this helps.

chubsANDdoggers

I'm going to modify AW Custom to the Han SOLO movie version. Going by the pictures from the movie. It looks like they kept the stock plastic grips even on the hero prop. Would you change out the grips to Wooden Mauser grips? If so, which wooden grips would fit the AW Custom the best with the least modifications? DEC? eBay, Amazon or a place called "Epic Militara? Ones made for Denix / MGC? or the real Mauser c96?

Thanks

Jedar

No grips will sub in naturally without major modifications. Even with these mods they still end up looking a little off. Wood is overrated compared to a good fit IMHO. So I would highly recommend just leaving them as is honestly.

Last edited:
That black is the exact same as the white just died BUT the white is “processed” which means it’s technically more smoother.

The “detailed” plastic is the Smoothest. If ur not going to paint then the black will work just fine. If ur painting then use the “processed white” or “smooth detailed” or “smoothest detailed”. All will work just fine. It’s just more a matter of details is all. You can see a comparison in the thread..

Shipping works as u would think. Order everything at once and only pay one price. If u order individually then u will pay shipping each time. It’s a set price I believe.

Hopefully this helps.

chubsANDdoggers, Thanks for the information about the different plastics available on Shapeways. I think I'm going to order the black versatile plastic for the heat-sink grille - that way I don't have to worry about painting between the fins !!! I'll order the smoothest find detail plastics for the rest. Thanks for the clarification.

Also, thanks for answering my wooden grips question. I'll keep the AW Custom closer to the SOLO blaster and keep the plastic grips. But I did order some DEC wood grips for my Denix - I'll make that AHN faithful.

Thanks

Jedar

All finished. MGC based ROTJ “bunker” blaster..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/0165f1267abbae5975fe3f95271a2de6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/6c36763e5eadfa60d8ebd242731fb936.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/3f9a4474e60090955aadca8d855f91f1.jpg[/QUOTE

chubsANDdoggers, Wow. Absolutely amazing. Love all the details you've put into your work.

Now that you have made every iteration of the DL-44 blaster, Han's ANH, ESB, ROTJ, Greedo Killer, Bunker Blaster, TFA, and SOLO, plus Luke's Bespin Cloud City version. Which one is your favorite? In terms of look and feel. I'll make it easy for you. If they came to you and asked to put one of them in a Star Wars museum, which would it be? I'll take my answer off-air...

Jedar

All finished. MGC based ROTJ “bunker” blaster..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/0165f1267abbae5975fe3f95271a2de6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/6c36763e5eadfa60d8ebd242731fb936.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/3f9a4474e60090955aadca8d855f91f1.jpg[/QUOTE

chubsANDdoggers, Wow. Absolutely amazing. Love all the details you've put into your work.

Now that you have made every iteration of the DL-44 blaster, Han's ANH, ESB, ROTJ, Greedo Killer, Bunker Blaster, TFA, and SOLO, plus Luke's Bespin Cloud City version. Which one is your favorite? In terms of look and feel. I'll make it easy for you. If they came to you and asked to put one of them in a Star Wars museum, which would it be? I'll take my answer off-air...

Jedar

Thanks Jedar! Much appreciated [emoji482]

HOTH is my personal favorite DL-44 Blaster today but that will probably change tomorrow..

Last edited:
How's everyone attaching their mystery disk? It doesn't quite line up over the existing hole and I'd rather not just glue it on but maybe that's the only option?

This is the last part of my AWC DL-44 build, and on to the holster next. And all the @chubsANDdoggers parts have been great. Really won me over to Shapeways too.

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2708.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back