Hank Deutschendorf.... aka, baby Oscar from Ghostbusters 2 commits suicide.

So young but some people can't take the stress.. I hate to hear about things like this but thank you for sharing. This is another case that shows us to be aware of the fact that there are people out there who can help us in our time of struggle, and we should reach out instead of taking this road... RIP

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

So young but some people can't take the stress.. I hate to hear about things like this but thank you for sharing. This is another case that shows us to be aware of the fact that there are people out there who can help us in our time of struggle, and we should reach out instead of taking this road... RIP

Can't take the stress? Did you even read the article?

Can't take the stress? Did you even read the article?
"The report continues, "After cutting him down, 9-1-1 was called and first responders arrived at the home. His death was then confirmed without medical interventions due to signs of rigidity. He had a long history of depression.""

I am a stress and suicide counseler for people with mental disorders. Your mind is constantly bending under stress every single day, but for a mental patient their brain is 10X more perseptive and it causes them to hurt more on an emotional level than keeping it locked up.

"The report continues, "After cutting him down, 9-1-1 was called and first responders arrived at the home. His death was then confirmed without medical interventions due to signs of rigidity. He had a long history of depression.""

I am a stress and suicide counseler for people with mental disorders. Your mind is constantly bending under stress every single day, but for a mental patient their brain is 10X more perseptive and it causes them to hurt more on an emotional level than keeping it locked up.

Saying "can't take the stress" is blaming the victim, something you should never do with someone who has a severe mental disorder. As a counselor you should know better.

Also, I still question whether you actually read the entire article. He wasn't "just" depressed. He had schizoaffective disorder and was being treated for it since 2008.

Saying "can't take the stress" is blaming the victim, something you should never do with someone who has a severe mental disorder. As a counselor you should know better.

Also, I still question whether you actually read the entire article. He wasn't "just" depressed. He had schizoaffective disorder and was being treated for it since 2008.
I know and I shouldn't have worded like tbat. Didn't mean to offend anyone. My point is that's there is help out there for anyone who needs it. Don't take this route out

I know and I shouldn't have worded like tbat. Didn't mean to offend anyone. My point is that's there is help out there for anyone who needs it. Don't take this route out

I have to say I was pretty offended at first, so much so I almost made a thrashing/offensive post but I stopped myself. Being that I am someone that suffers from a mental disorder. Also as someone who has metaphorically had 1 foot on a building top and 1 foot off, sometimes you just feel like there is no other way out besides taking that second step off a building. Sometimes when you get to this point you just feel like the burden you put on others would be easier if you were no longer among the world of the living. I can only imagine this is what he went through. And believe it or not both times I have been on that metaphorical ledge/building it took everything I had and many hours of thinking to reach out and call someone.

I do agree I hope no one takes this route, but I can understand where he was coming from at least and hope he is granted the peace in death he could not find in life. Valuable lesson to us all.

I have to say I was pretty offended at first, so much so I almost made a thrashing/offensive post but I stopped myself. Being that I am someone that suffers from a mental disorder. Also as someone who has metaphorically had 1 foot on a building top and 1 foot off, sometimes you just feel like there is no other way out besides taking that second step off a building. Sometimes when you get to this point you just feel like the burden you put on others would be easier if you were no longer among the world of the living. I can only imagine this what he went through. And believe it or not both times I have been on that metaphorical ledge/building it took everything I had and many hours of thinking to reach out and call someone.

I do agree I hope no one takes this route, but I can understand where he was coming from at least and hope he is granted the peace in death he could not find in life. Valuable lesson to us all.
That's what I was trying to avoid. I've met many people with disorders like this in my life and have heard them all day the same thing. It's not that they couldn't "take the stress" Its how I worded it that made it sound like a dick thing to say. Sorry to offend anyone.

That's what I was trying to avoid. I've met many people with disorders like this in my life and have heard them all day the same thing. It's not that they couldn't "take the stress" Its how I worded it that made it sound like a dick thing to say. Sorry to offend anyone.

No worries I slept it off, and did not give it a second thought. I do appreciate you offering a apology though and it is more then accepted. The important thing is this maybe his death being he was a famous person(even if only for 5 minutes as a baby) helps people like me and others realize that is help out there and not to take this road out and that it can affect anyone from the blue collar working stiff to the A list people of the world or the CEO's of the world

I don't recall how long after a post TheRPF lets you edit a past post to remove statements. I've asked a Mod to review the post.

If the Mod is super vigilant, he/she will also remove the phrase from quoted replies.

Very sad news indeed, from the brief details in the linked article, he had lots to live for. Good looking guy, living with a girlfriend, twin brother,… One never "finds peace" through suicide, and it does harm to loved ones as well who have to deal with grief and loss.

Its sad when a mental disorder causes someone to kill themselves. Like Robin Williams. I have a bunch of mental issues, but I don't think I could ever do it. Scary thought either way.

Robin Williams was a different case. He was suffering a type of Dementia for which there is currently no treatment. He knew his mind was going, and at best he had a couple years of life, if you want to call it that. I don;t know if I would do different in the same circumstances.

Its sad when a mental disorder causes someone to kill themselves. Like Robin Williams. I have a bunch of mental issues, but I don't think I could ever do it. Scary thought either way.

Robin Williams was a different case. He was suffering a type of Dementia for which there is currently no treatment. He knew his mind was going, and at best he had a couple years of life, if you want to call it that. I don;t know if I would do different in the same circumstances.

yeah... Robin Williams was a unique case. He had a lot going wrong and most likely didn't want to put himself and loved ones through the next couple years.

From an article about what Robin Williams was going through...

"Robin not only suffered from Parkinson's disease, but he also had LBD dementia. LBD dementia will cause people to sometimes appear confused and disoriented and exhibit unusual behavior. According to the coroner’s report, Williams had been acting strangely before his death. He is said to have kept several watches in a sock and was very concerned about keeping the watches safe.

The dementia usually leads to significant cognitive impairment that interferes with everyday life, and people with LBD often struggle with tasks like eating, staying clean and paying bills.

People with LBD tend to experience extremely graphic hallucinations that are visual but can also include smells and sounds. Many with the diagnosis have Lilliputian hallucinations populated by small people or creatures.

Many people who have LBD are initially diagnosed with Parkinson’s. As the diseases progress they begin to show LBD symptoms including trouble sleeping and the vivid hallucinations. Hunched posture, rigid muscles, a shuffling walk and trouble initiating movement, are similar for both conditions. Some are also diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or a psychiatric disorder.

Aside from Parkinson's and LBD, he has also suffered from clinical depression and had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, though he had no drugs or alcohol in his system when he died, according to the autopsy report."

So I am thinking it wasn't so much depression in Robin's case.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back