Another DOJ Batfleck Build WIP

Mjannise

I thought I would post some pictures documenting my BVS: DOJ Batfleck suit.

I ordered a DOJ pattern from etsy and had it printed and sewn from zentai-zone. Then came the painstaking task of puff-painting the little lines onto it.

Bodysuit.jpg

Next, I ordered a Rubie's belt off of Amazon. I removed the pieces from the cheap belt it came with, repainted the parts, and reattached them to a 2" Dickie's web belt.

Buckle.jpg

I bought an emblem from TygerStoneFX and attached it to my suit. I had to saran wrap my chest, which felt super weird, because I haven't made a mannequin yet.

Emblem.jpg
Waiting for the glue to dry...

Then I modified some Gotham 100 boots by painting the toes gold and then weathering them. I attached some foam on top to hide the transition from black to gold and to give it more of an accurate look.

Boot1.jpg Boot2.jpg

For the gauntlets, I started off by using the template from the foam cave, but I wasn't really satisfied with the straight, cone-shape they had.

Old Gauntlet.jpg

Instead, I made a curved template and modified their fin pattern to follow the lines of the new forearm.

New Gauntlet.jpg

I ordered a cowl, which ate up most of my budget, that should be coming in soon. A friend of mine is working on sewing the muscle suit, and she will also be helping me when I tackle the cape.

I'll update later with more pictures as I get more things finished. This is my first big costume, and I welcome any feedback you guys have.

My muscle suit came in and I really love how it looks under the suit. However, I didn't do anything for the calves so my legs looked really small compared to the thighs. I stitched my own pockets for calf muscles, but I don't have a picture of those yet.

IMG_1212.jpgIMG_1213.jpg

In between waiting for different parts of my costume to be finished, I was working on a Robin costume for my girlfriend. Unfortunately, I don't have many in progress pictures.

IMG_1178.jpgIMG_1187.jpgIMG_1188.jpgIMG_1189.jpg

I was basing her costume off the Robin outfit from Arkham Knight. Her corset, gauntlets, shin guards, and belt are all made of foam. I still need to weather her cape a bit.

IMG_1248.jpg

For the staff, I just used some PVC pipe and a quick braid of paracord for the center section.

IMG_1262.jpgIMG_1263.jpg

Both costumes look cool. Why didn't you base her Robin on the costume in the Batcave from Batman V Superman Dawn Of Justice? Just curious.

Cape will cover your calves. I wouldnt worry about it

I know it would from the back, but the boots I got just had huge calf openings creating a large gap all the way around. I didn't want them to look like galoshes. Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Both costumes look cool. Why didn't you base her Robin on the costume in the Batcave from Batman V Superman Dawn Of Justice? Just curious.

Thanks! No real reason other than I was replaying Arkham Knight at the time and I thought it looked cool.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back