Bracers for wonder woman

hewito

Hello..I made some bracers with a 6mm and 3mm foam,I added some LEDs and I am doing an small circuit so the LEDs can turn on at random..I am attaching a pattern I found,this is not my original design,all I did was clean it up and made it at a size that will fit most..If anybody needs anything feel free to ask,I am no expert but being mostly straight lines its rather easy..For the Leds I use the 5 below or hobby lobby led strings,it comes with a holder for 3 AA batteries,but I cut the string and used 6 per bracer,I also bought a cell holder battery (2032)and a 2032 battery as well.I added a micro push button,it will be hidden in the palm of the hand so whenever my gf pushes her arm like she is fighting,she can activated the leds.I used the famous plasti dip,a graphite paing and a old gold paint,once i finished it and added the distress,I put some gloss clear coat...If I am missing something let me know..thanks! Final bracer template,use this one.jpgIMG_1494.JPGIMG_1495.JPGIMG_1497.JPGIMG_1503.JPGIMG_1530.JPG51975227883__3C6308E3-F48D-4CA1-A5C6-D42406E9DDB4.JPGModerators,please feel free to move this thread if I posted it wrong..thanks!

You could also use magnets and reed switches for activation. Bringing the bracers together the right way would turn on the lights. You can still have the palm switches too and embed magnets in the costume for alternative activation points.

You could also use magnets and reed switches for activation. Bringing the bracers together the right way would turn on the lights. You can still have the palm switches too and embed magnets in the costume for alternative activation points.
Hello..thanks for the idea,could you explain it to me a little better?..thanks!

A reed switch is just like any switch, except instead of pushing a button, you have to put it close to a magnet. How close will depend on the magnet, but it tends to be few cm (1"-2"). The left bracer would have a magnet for the reed switch in the right one and vice versa. The magnet just needs to be far enough away from the reed switch in the same bracer so that it doesn't activate.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back