Watchmen (HBO TV series)

Watchmen would make a much better mini-series than a movie. Give me 12 hours of real adaptation rather than what that movie gave us. Real characterization and some depth behind what we saw.

Now, just remove Zach Snyder from the mix, and we might have something.

If Game of Thrones doesn't fill your penis quota, weekly Smurf Dick should do it.
in a daring casting choice Ron Jeremy as Dr. ManFatten.

I'd love to see a Watchmen series, especially if done in the "heyday" if you will of the Watchmen, or it would even be cool to see a series based on the original group

Seeing Lindelof attached though takes any wind out of my sails.

You know, other than the fact the theories were wrong...

That one always bothers me. Just because the "flash sideways" at the end was purgatory doesn't mean the purgatory theories from the beginning were right. But I guess this isnt the thread for that discussion hah.

Apparently, it's gonna be something completely new. I hope it changes the story while retaining the core spirit and message of Watchmen.
https://pursuenews.com/hbos-watchmen-tv-series-pilot-filming-to-take-place-in-vancouver/
Fan made poster:
HBO Watchmen.jpg

Last edited:
So now that filming is underway, it looks like this will be after the events of the original Watchmen

Although typical Lindelof non-committal run around saying this is not an adaptation or a direct sequel.

We have no desire to ‘adapt’ the twelve issues Mr. Moore and Mr. Gibbons created thirty years ago. Those issues are sacred ground and will not be retread nor recreated nor reproduced nor rebooted. They will however be remixed. Because the bass lines in those familiar tracks are just too good and we’d be fools not to sample them. Those original twelve issues are our Old Testament. When the New Testament came along it did not erase what came before it. Creation. The Garden of Eden. Abraham and Isaac. The Flood. It all happened. And so it will be with Watchmen. The Comedian died. Dan and Laurie fell in love. Ozymandias saved the world and Dr. Manhattan left it just after blowing Rorschach to pieces in the bitter cold of Antarctica.

Hopefully done much better than when he helped turn Prometheus into not a prequel, but still in the same universe as Alien movie.

I really want this to work, but I am remaining cautiously optimistic. This other blurb from him makes it sound better

“Some of the characters will be unknown,” he said. “New faces. New masks to cover them. We also intend to revisit the past century of Costumed Adventuring through a surprising yet familiar set of eyes…and it is here we will be taking our greatest risks.”

Fate of one of the original characters?

https://www.slashfilm.com/watchmen-set-photos-new/

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back