Dracula (Mini-series)

This certainly has the potential to be great! Sherlock was outstanding, no doubt, as was "Jekyll" before it.

Hmmmm.....

Though i am certainly intrigued by the idea of a good serial about the Big D, I'm not 100% confident I'll enjoy Moffat's treatment. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

While on the whole I do enjoy Sherlock, I sometimes wonder if Moffat has forgotten when he's writing Doctor Who and when he's writing Sherlock. Now I suppose the truth is that the Sherlock style has invaded the 12th Doctor's character more than the other way round... but still i often get the sense when watching one that what they are saying or doing would have fit just as well in the other, and that's not so good.

There is no doubt that Moffat and Gatiss are capable of writing quite cleverly....but oftentimes I feel they are going out of their way to be clever at the expense of a solid story.

I HOPE this will not be the case with this series, and that it may be an opportunity for a fresh style of writing for both.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back