Deadpool 2 - costume research / upgrades etc

Looks like the desert eagles holsters are much shorter with different rivets. Shin guards have new battle bullet holes and such plus are brighter red metallic on the front part. Swords or more traditional. The tab for his neck is bigger that covers the top zipper. The obvious is the silver top lines on the glove armor, lined shoulder strap, and the hole in the knife handle.

Last edited:
Rumour is that he didn't actually make them.....

I saw those as well but couldn't see if they were a match
Rumor aside. It's an option to get carbon holsters for those making a Deadpool 2 costume.
deadpool holsters 2.jpg

Not sure if this helps, but I've been using this for attaching my scabbard via magnets. Just wearing it under the suit, locks on pretty good/sturdy. It's a harness for binoculars, pretty cheap too.

harness.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgharness 2.jpg

Rumour is that he didn't actually make them.....

I saw those as well but couldn't see if they were a match

I would suggest he makes the closest available on market for original Deadpool movie, I found him originally and let the fans about his holsters and let he had supplied them for a superhero movie (he only added Deadpool at a later date, I had suggested they might be for Deadpool). I was confident he made the first lot (but it appears he didn't based on info later in thread), there are a number of differences in his current to Deadpool 2 movie and I don't believe he made movie ones.

Updated: Based on further info from kcpstudio

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I would suggest he made the original ones in Deadpool, I found him originally and let the fans and the research thread know and he didn't even realise he had made them for Deadpool (he only added Deadpool after I'd told him lol), he had just made them for a superhero movie when I approached him. I'm confident he made the first lot, but unsure about Deadpool 2, there are a number of differences, but that could be after purchase mods.
When I bought my set he mentioned that he was making the holsters again for the sequel.

Thanks a great options, on our suits we add Velcro that works really well and a patch to cover. We our the soft side on suit and the rough side would go on scabbard.
View attachment 756546
Raptor props has a scabbard set that looks real nice and attaches via harness and posts exactly like the movie version. I'd post the link to Etsy but he's sold out at the moment.
I've had good luck using the same harness as Nemesis with earth magnets. Makes it easy to mount and remove the scabbard, plus I wear my hello kitty pack over it which helps it stay secure as well.

He did not make the holsters. Nor the sequel. Period!

If they didn't do the first ones, they are so close that it's not funny, maybe he supplied them to another movie and it wasn't Deadpool. I assume you're saying you made these or something as your post lacks any actual info, but I will take your word for it based on role with movie.

Updated: Based on further info from @kcpstudio

Last edited:
TestEagle

My post did not lack detail. I was replying to your post about you going on about how “you” were the one who found this guy. How “you” were the one to bring him to the fans etc. and how “you” were the one who informed him himself that he built the holsters for Deadpool when he wasn’t aware. My post was informative in letting you know you are wrong.

You were the one that expected me to go and throw up a ton of photos to include “close ups, design drafts, and test holsters” to feed you. And when I didn’t.... you say my post lacks actual info. My post was direct and to the point. It was not meant to follow up with a ton of pics, patterns, test holsters, production run holsters... etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TestEagle

My post did not lack detail. I was replying to your post about you going on about how “you” were the one who found this guy. How “you” were the one to bring him to the fans etc. and how “you” were the one who informed him himself that he built the holsters for Deadpool when he wasn’t aware. My post was informative in letting you know you are wrong.

You were the one that expected me to go and throw up a ton of photos to include “close ups, design drafts, and test holsters” to feed you. And when I didn’t.... you say my post lacks actual info. My post was direct and to the point. It was not meant to follow up with a ton of pics, patterns, test holsters, production run holsters... etc etc.
Sorry mate, still lacking detail. You may work for production, but the items suggested look to be the ones used e.g holsters and the drop leg panels found by other fans, your 'no' doesn't say much, you haven't said it was made by production team e.g it was custom made or even to say or show it wasn't just 2 items slapped together which it appears to be. I don't take things people say and just eat it up, I was taught to question and ask for evidence to support claims (I'd ask god to support any claims he made, and you ain't god lol), I would hope people would question my claim and show me I'm wrong so I can improve my knowledge, suit and info I supply others.

My claim has been it was the gent on ebay who made them, as he suggested he made them for a superhero movie and look dead on, now this coincided with Deadpool production, so putting 2 and 2 together, it was a reasonable deduction he made the holster part at least. You've said 'no'.. yeah ok, many may take that at face value due to what you do and where you do it, but not me. You don't need to show anything or give anymore detail, doesn't mean I'll believe what you say or change the fact the post lacked detail. I also don't want you to feed me, I'm happy to search through hundreds of images to try find pieces that are close or exact to ones used and have been for the last couple of years.

Your original post was 'no' to paraphrase, that lacks detail, I don't really care about subsequent posts content unless it has something that adds to thread or our knowledge (no offense meant).

You know we're ruining a thread for this, if you wanna continue feel free to get me on pm, my point stands but this is becoming BS and I'd rather have this removed to cleaned up thread.

Last edited:
Hi guys im just new here and I need some patterns for deadpool's gear can anyone help me ? I will use cardboard instead of EVA foam.

So let's get back on track.

Anyone got any leads on the drop panels and holsters?

gallery-1498732476-deadpool-new-filming-1.jpg

The quick release buckles on the drop panel look to have been replaced with plastic ladder lock or some other system (if you look through the legs at the unattached one)
Top strap is removed as per DP1
Bottom straps might be elastic?

Hard to see if the lower thigh strap is still the 5.11 one with a leather backing or just some webbing, but the lack of buckle is quite clear

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back