Part Identification Help

Blue Leader

Sr Member
Hello! I'm trying to figure out what a couple parts are but I can't figure out what they are for the life of me. I know that it's a long shot but I was wondering if anyone here might be able to recognize what these things are?

The parts are attached to the cords on some of the B-wing pilot helmets from Return of the Jedi. I don't know if they're on all of the helmets or just some. One part that I'm referring to is the little round (or oval-shaped?) dark gray cone-shaped piece with two white stripes that's attached to the cords coming from the B-wing pilot helmet in the top center, the one with the amber-colored face shield. The second part I'm looking for is the gray plug at the end of the cord.
StarWarsHelmets01.jpg

Here's a larger picture of it. It's the part marked "cable clamp", and the plug at the end. Does anyone have any idea what these are?
29225437bo.jpg

Never considered this build, but now you have me hooked! Will do some digging and get back to you!

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

Never considered this build, but now you have me hooked! Will do some digging and get back to you!

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I
Thanks! If you find anything please let me know!

I've always loved the B-wing pilot and the B-wing starfighter. I've always thought that both were awesome. I have a B-wing pilot helmet from a screen-used RotJ cast (after fixing it up I've also been selling some casts from it) and different sets of greeblies, but these two greeblies are a couple that I have yet to be able to figure out, or even get a good enough look at that I can try to replicate as 3D models for printing. I did make a model for the plug but I don't know how accurate it is, but it does in a pinch. I also make movie-accurate chestboxes (they're not from a movie cast, they're scratch-built, but are very accurate nonetheless). I made myself an accurate B-wing pilot costume, too. :)

Black and white thing looks like an inline push button switch. The grey thing looks like a DB9 com port plug. The industrial type that gets screwed together.

Look or canopy push button switches

Last edited:
Black and white thing looks like an inline push button switch. The grey thing looks like a DB9 com port plug. The industrial type that gets screwed together.

Look or canopy push button switches
So you're thinking something like the picture below regarding the striped thing? Hm, that's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that. But I wonder what would have those white stripes (whatever they are)? Goolging it I don't see anything that looks remotely similar to that. Granted that same piece probably isn't made anymore.
41Up7tLIjQL._AC_UL320_SR234,320_.gif

And the plug, you're talking about something like this other picture (below)? Again, an interesting idea, you might just be right about that. I haven't seen any with the overhang wing thing that's on the far end but it might just be a particular kind. I'll keep searching through Google!
moeD5Y0YBS-t1KolZkPZT9g.jpg

On the switch the 2 silver lines just look like the nuts on the threaded portion. That is also the type of plug I mean. Except the one on the prop has a metall strain relief on one side. It may not b a DB9 plug. If you have any pics of the pilots themselves I would start looking on the back of the uniform or in the cockpit of the ship for the mating plug.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back