Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm (1993)

Aw, no bonuses? After all this time, too. I look forward to the extras as much as I do to getting the film, itself. For me, it's not enough to just have the film but everything behind it that went into making it. Even if it is all dreadfully boring!

Some of the episodes were really mature for a children's show

The one that sticks out in my mind is a dream sequence episode where Batgirl/Barbarah Gordon dies in Jim Gordon's arms and blames Batman for it... and then proceeds throughout the episode to track down and take down the Bat family one at a time until it leads to a final stand off at Wayne Manor...

I remember watching this episode and going hold crap... this is *really* dark for s supposed kid's cartoon....

I remember seeing this movie in theaters when I was nine years old. Loved the animated series and was super excited to see what a film could bring!

Sigh, I didn't like it.

*hears all the boos*

Now, come on! I was nine years old, the animated series was fun (even for how mature it was) and I didn't have an appreciation for deeper, more character driven story arcs yet! I also remember hating how much this film was told in flash back. But again, that was just me at nine years old.

But now that it's finally getting a Blu Ray release I will definitely be revisiting it. Heck, I bought the soundtrack released by La-La Land records a few years back, so there is some part of me that likes it.

The one that sticks out in my mind is a dream sequence episode where Batgirl/Barbarah Gordon dies in Jim Gordon's arms and blames Batman for it... and then proceeds throughout the episode to track down and take down the Bat family one at a time until it leads to a final stand off at Wayne Manor...

I remember watching this episode and going hold crap... this is *really* dark for s supposed kid's cartoon....

Isn't that the Killing Joke direct to video movie?

Even today, I can't get over the surprise I had when watching this series and movie back in the day. I thought for sure it would just be a simple children's show. I was just blown away and became easily engrossed with the story telling, superb voice acting, and great musical score.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back