TWD WIP custom Rick Grimes boots

JMO

With the real boots getting scarce and pricey I decided to try to convert a pair that have the same stitch...using my pair of real ones to compare.
My dark brown needs to lighten up and my light brown is a little flat for now but close. Buffing should bring them closer too.

IMG_4571 (2).JPGIMG_4573.JPGIMG_4558 (2).JPGIMG_4560 (2).JPGIMG_4568 (2).JPG

Nice. Which boots did you get to match the originals? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They are 2225 which are all grey or bluish grey. The same stitch pattern shows up on a lot of the lizard and ostrich boots too but the instep stitching is missing and the hide is noticeably different. There are quite a few 2225s out there and much more reasonably priced.

In contrast, I was looking for boots that looked similar on the bottom as that is mostly what is seen. Good info to know either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The instep stitching on most of them is very similar and from what I have seen 2222 2252 and 2253 seem to have the exact same pattern...

JUSTIN INSTEP.jpg

After that it would just come down to color and texture depending on how close you want to be.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back