Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LorduDesign

Sr Member
Just noticed it on IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4532826/

Well, hoping it will be good.

Taron Egerton is a really good actor BUT I honestly don't think he'd be a good match for Robin Hood.

Also surprised there are no credits written up for graphic designers yet. It's pretty late in production so I guess it should already be there unless it's the same case as with Pirates of the Caribbean (concept artists work on graphic props/paper props).

It's almost as if the studios are so obsessed with "equal representation" that they are willing to take our Suspension of Disbelief and stretch it like it's taffy on the machine.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jamie Foxx. He's a great actor. However, unless they have A DAMNED good explanation as to why Little John is black, then it will remain firmly in my "Cast to appear progressive and inclusive" spot.

The way Hollywood overdoes Robin Hood decade after decade, you'd think they might have tried to venture outside medieval England more often. The story could be set in almost any time & place.

Wow, Hollywood just keeps on failing.

Do these people even remember that Ben-Hurt and King Arthurt just flopped? No one wants these 'faux-historical' pieces.

I think this RH movie has been in gear for a while already. But the twin failures of BH and KA are probably making RH's producers very nervous.

I would rather see straightforward traditional retellings of these stories than all the hip 'spin' being put on them, if they are going to stick to the traditional settings. Hollywood is always selling a "fresh take on the story" to kids who have never seen the previous take.

Are we sure they aren't doing Robin Hood in contemporary, or futuristic, times? Seems to have been a winning strategy for THE MUMMY (2017)… :-\

Maybe Maid Marian can be that Swedish Princess from The Kingsmen. Then she can tell Robin, "if you save all of Britain, we can do it in the a-hole…" [It was creepy and awkward then, and it'll be creepy and awkward here too.]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a recognizable property and as far as I know it's public domain so no rights to buy equals higher profit margins. Easy money right?

It'll tank and be in the DVD bins at Walmart in 4 months.

This has box office bomb written all over it.

When I first looked at it I thought it was set in modern time,stitching that could only be done with a sawing machine, short hair/everyone clean shaven and Little John being black, I was fully expecting Robin to pull out a mobile phone or an AK-47 instead of a bow.

I'll be saving my money thanks.

I mean if they were going to do a version that takes place in modern times then at least it would stand out in comparison to all the others that have come out recently. It would probably still suck, but at least it would show SOME effort. Adventure/ Fantasy films just don't seem to have the same impact they once did.

Honestly though I was hoping that with the success of The Lord of the Rings back in the early 2000's that it would see a resurgence of fantasy films as a genre. I know they tried with that horrible Eragon, and a few crappy low budget knock offs, but fantasy as a whole hasn't seen much of a return since then. Even the Hobbit didn't perform nearly as well as it's predecessors.

Being an 80's kid I loved Legend, and Conan the Barbarian and The Dark Crystal. I would love for Hollywood to try doing something like that.

7th place opening weekend and they still won't get it. I'm sure they'll blame something other than themselves.

We just watched Robin and Marian again over the weekend, while it's a small movie and a little slow, the realism is still refreshing.

Robin Hood doesn't have to be a superhero. Can't he just be a hero? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a new spin on things as long as it's well executed.

upload_2018-12-4_22-59-35.gif

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back