Hoth Rebel Ion Cannon (nipple laser)

edspaged2

Does anyone follow The Prop Den on Facebook? Very intriguing pictures and videos all Star Wars related.
The latest pics are of the Ion boob laser cannon which I've never seen before. It's in a pretty sad looking state
I think. It looks like it has been water damaged .

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 901
  • image.png
    image.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 699
  • image.png
    image.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 659
  • image.png
    image.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 659
great pix,hard to find many pix of the ion cannon.
i'm really surprised by it's condition.
yeah,i'm my list to build and by coincidence just recently purchased a 300mm sphere for it.

Wow that looks bad. I don't think if they left it out on the roof for this many years, that it couldn't have looked worse. I know there are absolutely tons of miniatures in the archive but having something like this being allowed to get to this type of condition is just sinful, unless there was a clip of a SD or AT-AT blasting it which ended up on the cutting room floor.
Heck, even if they gave it away to some fan, it would have still been kept in better condition than it is now. No wonder very little of this has been seen in books and online.

TazMan2000

Wow that looks bad. I don't think if they left it out on the roof for this many years, that it couldn't have looked worse. I know there are absolutely tons of miniatures in the archive but having something like this being allowed to get to this type of condition is just sinful, unless there was a clip of a SD or AT-AT blasting it which ended up on the cutting room floor.
Heck, even if they gave it away to some fan, it would have still been kept in better condition than it is now. No wonder very little of this has been seen in books and online.

TazMan2000

I was thinking that too that it may have possibly been from a deleted scene of it getting blown up. We'll probably never know
Heres a couple more for people who don't use Facebook.

on a different note, I was at the O2 arena in London last week and noticed Red 3 is missing one of its cannons and the large snowspeeder with the
action man figures is missing the outer edge plating. These models are sadly falling apart or being picked by thieving gits

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2 MB · Views: 431
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 451
Could the damage be from baking soda used for snow effects? (didn't one of the walker minis have damage from it where it kind of yellowed and ate away some of the paint)

Could be I think that baking soda is alkaline so it would have a corrosive effect over time. I believe it is called the Planetary Defender Ion Cannon.

I've always wanted one of these. I did some digging for images a while back. These are the ones that I have not seen you guys post yet.

Screen Caps
cap1.jpgcap2.jpgcap3.jpg

Zoom in on the screen cap
closecap.jpg

A bigger version of the closed state photo
setDressing.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back