Premiere Props Experience

TomBuchanan

Hi Guys,

just wanted to share some of my experience with Premiere Props. I do know there is a couple of threads on here about it, but I actually went ahead and was part of their auctions to get a feel for thei product etc. First off, the sheer amount of articles made me wonder. Yes productions make a hek of a lot of things for their product, if anything breaks etc. But to be able to have 3 or 4 auctions with the same articles almost impossible.

I have been part of many succesful auctions with the Prop Store and other collectible sellers, so this wasn't my first rodeo. I just wanted to go for something small to see what would come out of it. Well, I am a boxing fan, loved the movie Southpaw, so I thought, let's go for that. I auctioned a lot of a couple of documents and a little promotional poster. All in all about 20 bucs. Again, just trying this out.

What ensued was pretty funny. The auction was around November, I did not get the items until the beginning of last month (May) It took them almost a year to ship this stuff ! A lot of the other threads talked about this as well, horrible shipping. Not shipping items while they put out a lot of other auctions and finishing those is probably not a good idea.

Of more concern is the fact that I do believe that this stuff is fake. The COA said production used, which can mean anything from this was stored in a container just to have or it was actually seen on screen. I think this was printed with a good printer and some references from the movie. ANybody could have made those items with not too much effort and 5 of these sets ended up in Auction. Printing a COA et voila, here ya go, movie props. The large scale operation and they way they operate just seems troublesome to the hobby and I wanted to post about it.

I contacted iCollectibles, which is the site they use to facilitate their auctions and they said they don't genereally check authenticity because it's outside of their responsibility but said they did get a lot of calls from buyers about not shipping items and items not being up to par.

Anyways just wanted to share this experience and post some pictures of the items.
IMG_0230.JPGIMG_0231.JPGIMG_0232.JPG

Shipping from Premiere Props is always frustrating. You generally wait 4-6 weeks for that Shipping Invoice to come after you've paid for your winnings.

Authenticity with Premiere Props is a whole other story. I have a few items from them that I bought just for the fun of it (and cheap) from movies I enjoyed. However I don't trust the COA's when it says Hero or Screen Used. I think of it all as Production Used. Some shirts I got happen to have their wardrobe tag, so that's cool. But other items? I was buying shirts from a movie I liked, August Osage County, on their Ebay listings. One particular shirt had that dreaded "Hero Screen Used" in the listing and I'm thinking this shirt was NEVER in the movie. I reached out to them to tell me where I can see it and they just responded with a generic "all of our items are from the studios" BS. Still, this shirt isn't in the movie at all. I've watched the movie, the extras, deleted scenes, BTS interviews. This shirt is not in the movie. I'll pay $100 for someone to find it for me lol.

I think they do have a lot fakes, it's just hard to figure out what. I want to say PP was the company that picked up Southpaw props, so they could be genuine. They do have some big ticket items from it on their webpage.

That's true, I am just always surprised a company like this with so many problems stays up and running. The Southpaw stuff is kinda neat though ;)

That's true, I am just always surprised a company like this with so many problems stays up and running. The Southpaw stuff is kinda neat though ;)

You participated in their auction, that's exactly how they stay up and running...
And COAs in general, _all_ of them, are worthless. They can all be faked, the item in question can be swapped out, most companies won't 'honor' a COA claim if you aren't the original purchaser, etc... People out way too much enphasis on a piece of paper anyone can duplicate with a little printing knowledge...

Well Rik, I doubt my 20 bucs is going to keep them in business but I agree on the COA's, again this was something I wanted to try and see because I had heard a lot
about them. Needless to say, not again.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back