Rogue One: Partisan X-wing

Lee S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finished my first studio scale X-wing today. Decided to experiment with the little seen/deleted scenes Saw Gerrera's Partisan unit from Rogue One. Built using an old Capt. Cardboard kit that I've had for way too long in a box. Very little source material, but that also gave me some freedom to play! Also the first time I used the Tamiya Panel Line Accents for most of the weathering paint, really liked it.
Thanks to those that helped, Frank Cerney (Pilot head), Niels M. Frederiksen, Jason Eaton (decals).

More pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_stringer/albums/72157685095589336

34533766614_5c42b6ef52_b.jpg

34533767344_66518b3317_b.jpg

34533769194_0628f732e8_b.jpg

34533768324_a95453f1be_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job!! I have considered the Partisan paint job for a future x-wing project. Yours looks fantastic, sir!

My guess is that there was a sequence involving them that was replaced with the 'tank ambush'.
Right after that there is this shot (note the crashed TIE):
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 9.57.31 PM.png

And then they stumble onto a scene where stormtroopers are inspecting a downed Partisan X-wing:
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 10.00.50 PM.png

So it's kinda there :D

Very nice! A shame the ship made Bugger all appearance in the movie.

That's a great build, fantastic job!

I never really paid much attention to the downed X-Wing in the movie... I'll have to look more the next time I watch it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so cool, love the color scheme, love the pattern! Reminiscent of old naval camouflage patterns

Yeah I've always been intrigued by those dazzle patterns.
10 years ago when I was teaching, we did a student 'Animated Star Wars' project. I had them make an AT-AT with a dazzle paint job.
Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 9.23.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-19 at 9.24.29 AM.png

really love it. I wish these had made it in, I loved the dazzle-paint style of the black and white the first time I saw it in the leaked images of the full scale X-wing under a tarp. Nice job.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back