Doctor Who - Lie of the Land (and a bit of Extremis)

JokerMan

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm looking to get the coat worn by the Twelfth Doctor in the Series 10 episodes "Lie of the Land" and the flashback sequences in "Extremis" in the far future. For those who don't know what this looks like, here it is:
12th_Doctor_Series_10_Peter_Capaldi_Gray_Coat__91054_zoom.jpg
The coat has a similar front style to his usual coat, but the back has almost like a frock coat structure. It is made of a distressed grey linen with what I believe is a black lining, and the buttons are unique as well. Any tips on where to get something like this would be helpful.

Also, there's something I noticed about his shirt in this episode - especially where the bottom of the waistcoat splits. I have no idea whether it's the bottom of the shirt or if the trouser waistband is higher than the belt, but just above the belt buckle, the material appears to be black. The above picture shows it clearly, but here's another picture to illustrate:
2ehpw0je0az1000.jpg
If anybody can clear this little mystery up, that would be extremely helpful as well :) Thanks guys!

coat was custom made, by costume designer like all others, fabric is out there but i can't say unfortunatley, as for the black thing no one knows what it is.

I thought as much with the coat, but it's a shame about the black material. That's going to bug me for ages now XD

Does anyone know if anyone offers a decent replica or is working towards one?

So I'm looking to get the coat worn by the Twelfth Doctor in the Series 10 episodes "Lie of the Land" and the flashback sequences in "Extremis" in the far future. For those who don't know what this looks like, here it is:
View attachment 736864
The coat has a similar front style to his usual coat, but the back has almost like a frock coat structure. It is made of a distressed grey linen with what I believe is a black lining, and the buttons are unique as well. Any tips on where to get something like this would be helpful.

Also, there's something I noticed about his shirt in this episode - especially where the bottom of the waistcoat splits. I have no idea whether it's the bottom of the shirt or if the trouser waistband is higher than the belt, but just above the belt buckle, the material appears to be black. The above picture shows it clearly, but here's another picture to illustrate:
View attachment 736865
If anybody can clear this little mystery up, that would be extremely helpful as well :) Thanks guys!
Do you have any photos of the back of his coat?

Do you have any photos of the back of his coat?
This is the only photo I can get of the back of the coat at the moment - taken from the Doctor Who YouTube channel
back.png
I can't seem to identify if the coat has exterior pockets or not. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
So, after close inspection of the first picture, I have come to the conclusion that this coat does not have any exterior pockets. Interior pockets, however, are unknown.

I also found this picture which confirms the presence of the black lining - it's still unknown to me whether the lining extends to the edge of the coat like his previous coats or not:
linen.png

Update time - this coat reappeared in the latest episode, "World Enough and Time" in the kitchen scene near the beginning of the episode:
no pockets.png
back 2.png
There are a couple of shots which nicely sow off the lack of exterior pockets, and also the seams at the back of the coat which, if I'm not mistaken, are very similar to a frock coat.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back