Where is the best place to get plaques and plaque holders?

Unfated

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I need about 10 plaques and holders. I'm not sure where the best place to get them is.
I've seen a few on eBay, but the prices seem a bit steep. They go for about $18.75
for the plaques shipped and the same for the holders. That's $37.50 a set.
I might get a discount on shipping if buying them together, but i still think that
is too much for a plaque and holder. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you post what you're looking for? I used to run a trophy business on the side of my sign stuff. I still have accounts with suppliers, so I might be able to get for you cheaper.

I bought some plaques on ebay. He charged the same amount for shipping up to pretty many. I agree for a few the shipping is expensive. Ordering quite a few at the same time is better.

The stands I use were also found on ebay and were fairly high. I found the same thing on Amazon 10 for < $10. They are Clear Display Easels - Small. 1 1/2" H 1 1/8" W 1 1/2" D. You may want to confirm with the seller that they are that size. The first batch I ordered on Amazon did not match the listing. I believe a coin store is the one that sent the right stands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I bought some plaques on ebay. He charged the same amount for shipping up to pretty many. I agree for a few the shipping is expensive. Ordering quite a few at the same time is better.

The stands I use were also found on ebay and were fairly high. I found the same thing on Amazon 10 for < $10. They are Clear Display Easels - Small. 1 1/2" H 1 1/8" W 1 1/2" D. You may want to confirm with the seller that they are that size. The first batch I ordered on Amazon did not match the listing. I believe a coin store is the one that sent the right stands.

U happen to have a picture of the display easels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U happen to have a picture of the display easels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will post a photo this weekend. They aren't like the MR stands.

The first few I got was from the guy on ebay that makes the plaques. I was able to find the same stands much cheaper on Amazon.

I make some MR style plaque stands and I have them on Etsy. Should be able to give you a deal. Shoot me a PM and I can send you a link.

Thanks for all the input. I think I may have the plaque holder worked out. I found a 3D file I'm trying.
If my 3D printer can print them I'll go that route. Fingers crossed. I've been having trouble with the leveling on my printer.

The 3D file was perfect. So I have the plaque stands figured out. Now all I need is the plaques.
I just made a fast mockup of the plaque and printed it on photo paper to see how it looks and fits.

IMG_0696.JPG

I believe those are coin holders, but it looks like they work well.
Yes, I bought mine from a coin store on Amazon.

It is pretty easy to bump the plaque and get it out of place. I suppose the plaque could be glued to the stand.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I decided to go with the free option. I printed the plaque holders on my 3D printer and printed the plaques on my
computer printer on glossy photo paper. They almost look like aluminum and will work temporarily.

IMG_0701.JPGIMG_0702.JPG

Hey Unfated ! Uh, you have a 3D printer and you didn't just print the text on the plaque/holder? :wacko :facepalm

You totally could have painted that silver and black and it would've looked spectacular I bet!

This way you wouldn't have to worry about the paper peeling off. I say give it another go. Good Luck if you do!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have printed text a few times but I really don't think it looks all that great. I prefer smooth and
clear. The paper won't peal off it's just slid into the grooves of the plaque holder if anything happens
to the prints I can just print a new plaque on photo paper.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back