Starting the Fine Molds (Revell Master Series) 1/72 Scale Mill. Falcon

Buckey Goldstar

I know that there are so many threads about this build and I'm late to the party. I'm sure a lot out there are exhausted with the subject.
Let me share where I am coming from. I am from that camp of folks that used to build model kit all the time when they where younger and over time due to a billion different reasons - put it all behind, now years later, are picking it up again....Yet I paint and draw/sketch All the time and have continually throughout the years.
So, when it comes to current model building, my paint skills and my building skills are out of balance.
So, if some of you out there could be kind and couch me along with this build and give me some good "heads-up/Pointers" along the way, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Guys!

fygfsg.jpgdfdhsfjskd.jpgdfgdjh.jpg

Nice build, and really quick considering the part count. I've been working on my 1/144 Bandai for far too long. What did you use for weathering?

Nice build, and really quick considering the part count. I've been working on my 1/144 Bandai for far too long. What did you use for weathering?
I used "Ammo by Mig Jemenez" streaking grime and streaking rust. Also their panel line wash in "Blue grey" and "Medium Grey". I also use a combination of Tamyia Smoke and neutral Grey Acrylic paint mix thru Airbrush for various shading and other streaks.

- - - Updated - - -

From everything I've researched, they are the same, However, the Revell issue does not have the Colored sheet for decal locations, Revell put it in the back pages of the instruction manuel in "Black and White" - Bummer, right?
Nice build. Are the Revell and FM kits exactly the same ?

I would also like to add that this thing definatly looks better in person. All I have for pics is my cruddy phone camera and it just doesn't pick up the weathering like you would think it could. It just sorta "whites everything out".

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You. I love your avatar, by the way.
Nice build. Are the Revell and FM kits exactly the same ?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back