My Zvezda Star Destroyer

So brief update, superglue worked great for attaching shield generators. Have started upper hull. Noticed when watching a clip from ANH and on my own kit that there is a second docking bay on ISD just forward of the main one- has anyone 3d printed the smaller one? Also, gun turrets on the SD are markedly different on the Rogue 1 Star Destroyer. You guys probably know all of this but I was surprised

Hi,

Just received my kit this week and it will be the first time tackling Fiber Optic

I plan on using 25mm, 50mm and 1.0mm FO..........what drill bit sizes should I look for?

I did some checking and below is what I came up with. I don't want the FO to be tight but not overly loose either in the drilled holes but a nice snug fit.

#80 (.35mm bit) or a .30mm bit for the .25mm FO
#75 (.53mm) or #74 (57mm) bit for the 50mm FO
#59 (1.04mm) or #58 (1.07mm) bit for the 1.0mm FO

I have the Tamiya electric drill

Thanks in advance!

For those who have replaced the hangar bay with a 3d printed one, how hard is it to do? Any hints or any problems you came across? Cheers :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back