My Zvezda Star Destroyer

Ben Noob

Hi everyone, so this is my first posting on here so please be nice. My Zvezda Star Destroyer turned up today, unboxed which I didn't see as too much of a problem but now I'm concerned as it looks like the entire upper hull is twisted. Is this how it's meant to be? Any help much appreciated :)

It certainly shouldn't be twisted... it's probably undergone some duress during shipping. The first thing to do would probably warm the whole thing up in a bowl of hot water and see if it returns to its original shape...

Thanks Antsnest. Have also found a broken part so I'll contact the seller and see what they can do for me

- - - Updated - - -

star destroer 2.jpgstar destroyer.jpg

Yeah that looks a bit of a mess :-(
Not sure what the obsession with sending unboxed is with the Russian sellers. Sure the retail box is twice as big as it needs to be, but that doesn't stop you using a smaller box for posting...

Good luck!

Thanks for the support guys, I'd never seen a model with bowed sprue before but wasn't sure if it's a Zvezda thing or not lol :D Seller has offered me a discount on another so we'll see. Crashed Star Destroyer diorama coming up maybe??

Thanks for the support guys, I'd never seen a model with bowed sprue before but wasn't sure if it's a Zvezda thing or not lol :D Seller has offered me a discount on another so we'll see. Crashed Star Destroyer diorama coming up maybe??

I would try a crashed diorama! Like from the Battle of Jakku.

I would try a crashed diorama! Like from the Battle of Jakku.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking but it can't be the same one from the Force Awakens, need to do something generic so I can't be too heavily critiqued lol :D

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he is either sending you a new kit or giving you a full refund.

Dunno, will wait and see. Don't really want to pay shipping back to Russia

3D printed shield generators arrived today, far better than what comes with the kit. Anyone got helpful hints to remove the bases from the kit? Thanks

I had planned on a razor saw or using a type of bit on my dremel I cant recall the name of at the moment....but I used it with great success grinding details of my Deago Falcon. Flat on the tip with a loose spiral going up the bit......sorry can't recall the name, need more coffee..

3D printed shield generators arrived today, far better than what comes with the kit. Anyone got helpful hints to remove the bases from the kit? Thanks

Lol :D All good, there's never enough coffee some times! Don't have dremel but I feel I should probably invest in one some day soon...

Your model, build it as you want! There's nothing wrong with taking liberties in modeling unless it is so far out of whack it wouldn't be plausible, like adding pink racing stripes, or adding skittles stuck to the hull, etc. Some extra bigger guns? Go for it.

I'll even step out a little further and say if you want pink racing stripes and skittles then by all means go for it. It is your model and therefore your art. There is no right or wrong other than what your individual goal is. If your goal is 100% screen accuracy then that's measurable. But if your goal is different, then there's no measurement of what's too far. That's IMHO.

Bill

Quick question for everybody. There were some 27000 ISDs built (so says Wookiepedia) so could I model my forthcoming SD as a random? I ask because I really want to stick the quad barrelled laser battery ( http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=463 ) onto mine. all opinions welcome :)
It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you wanting to replicate some specific design seen somewhere or create something unique?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I just want to build a damn cool looking kit. My AT-ST is built as just a random AT-ST on Endor, my Sandtrooper is just another Sandy serving his emperor in some dusty hell hole in the galaxy. I'm not a good enough modeller to replicate exact ships etc so I do just randoms lol :D Thanks for the input guys!!! (y)cheers

I'm building one of the Zvezda's too, and am adding lights as well. I recently happened across an excellent primer with the name "Board to Pieces." It's a flat, semi-off-white spray in a 16OZ can that is fine and covers well. It is great for white space vessels.

Thought I'd pass along the news.

I'm building one of the Zvezda's too, and am adding lights as well. I recently happened across an excellent primer with the name "Board to Pieces." It's a flat, semi-off-white spray in a 16OZ can that is fine and covers well. It is great for white space vessels.

Thought I'd pass along the news.

Thanks Kingsnake :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back