Blade Runner Spinner Project

Hard to say for sure ralphee because the pics aren't in focus, but by how the car is parted out it looks like either a TVC kit or a recast TVC... If you notice the doors in the kit are separate pieces, but the glass for the doors is part of the vac-formed windscreen...

Still, it's a good place to start as an intro to the vehicle....

Originally posted by Aegis159@Mar 9 2006, 05:41 PM
Hard to say for sure ralphee because the pics aren't in focus, but by how the car is parted out it looks like either a TVC kit or a recast TVC... If you notice the doors in the kit are separate pieces, but the glass for the doors is part of the vac-formed windscreen...

Still, it's a good place to start as an intro to the vehicle....
[snapback]1202283[/snapback]​
Thanks for writing Aegis, well i did a little diggin on comets site, there coming up on the site with one by SMR models? Not sure, it does have all the white metal parts, would a recast have them in metal or just re-do them in resin? as Manwell would say " i know naaathiing" lol. Pretty bummed if it is recast, shoulda done more homework before schooltime lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(USSCassiopeia @ Mar 15 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1206451[/snapback]</div>
Originally posted by Zaphod@Jan 27 2006, 01:51 PM
Looks good to me.  Love the base/background work.
<div align="right">[snapback]1169716[/snapback]

To me, that is the icing on an already-fine cake :)
[/b][/quote]

Hehehe, hadn't been to this thread for a while...

Thanks for the compliments... Got the new sign done, I'll post pics of it this evening...

I wanted to strangle my client for wanting these different Kanji characters on the sign.... MUCH more difficult to map out the threading of the lightwire and hole placement.

But I did add another color.. :D Plus the mfg of the lightwire has improved their controller box so now it has even more flash patterns available. Hopefully I'll be getting shots from the client with everything in place and the diorama in it's custom case he's having made soon and I'll share them with you all.

Nah it's some of the new EL wire sets that are on the market now. There's a ton of different manufacturers out there for it now. The stuff really does glow like neon... Which is one of the reasons I'm going to have to re-assess my lighting needs on my other spinner project. I already know I'm going to have to redo the fuze panel behind Deckard's head, but now I'm thinking the center console and the lights for the dash will need to be redone..... I WONT be rebuilding the Driver cluster and the senter screen though, hehehe, I've spent WAAAAAY too long bulding those already......

EDIT: spelling

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back