Cardboard Stormtrooper Armour [PIC HEAVY] [FIRST PROJECT]

36Nexus

Hey everyone (someone?... Anyone?) I'm Making a Stormtrooper Costume out of cardboard and I though it would be cool to document my first build here.

BACKSTORY

**This is based off of Demolition's armour made for foam (Here is the link in case you are wondering: http://www.therpf.com/f24/stormtroop...-files-130517/ )**

I started building a helmet out of cardboard but it didn't go as planned so I scrapped it. I Started working on this armour set instead because it has much bigger pieces and will be easier for my first major build.

The reason I didn't post the day I made it is because I am in high school and it's exam season for me so I am busy. For that reason I will not be posting or working on this as consistently as I would like.

Hoping to get this done by sometime this fall, but if not then than the release of "The Last Jedi" would also be fitting.

I was inspired by Adam Savage and Tested.com since they talk so fondly about young makers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NOW ONTO THE BUILD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am doing the chest first since it's in the middle and a good starting point

DSC05016.JPG
I glued all the pieces of the chest to the cardboard because in my past experiences (My Aborted Helmet) the paper seemed to slip when I did not glue it down to the Card.

DSC05017.JPGDSC05022.JPGDSC05021.JPGPEP.jpgDSC05018.JPG

I folded all my pieces at the fold lines then went back into pepakura viewer and found the subtle lines that did not show on the print-out.

Now onto gluing and cutting out the other side! (Yay!) I'm hoping gluing won't mess me up since all pieces are put together at very slight angles. Wish me the best! :)

(I probably will not have a posting schedule since I have lots going on right now but I will post when I can. Any advice will be much appreciated, Thanks and see you the next time I post!)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back