Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus soon to be a 3d Print.....

yankeetrex

Hey All,

Decided to give a go at the Most iconic dinosaur in the JP series.......

Here are some WIP Pics

RexWIP.JPG

hUn5xxx.png

I want to print this at 1/10th scale so approximately 42 inches long when done.

Been following this for a while now, and I'm excited to finally see it come to fruition. The fact that it's based on the SWS 1:16th maquette makes it even better. I really wish I still had those HQ pics of the Winston maquettes from ILM. When you told me about this project, they were the first thing I thought of. Can't wait to see the old girl completed!

Yes, she is done! Here are some crappy renders, I have to get her into Keyshot to get some better renders, but here she is......

KizAUlo.jpg
7PwNmXh.jpg
MMbW83C.jpg
X3LJvlY.jpg
fuYLNVb.jpg

For those wondering about the neck gap, I have 2 separate files that have the neck with the mouth open where that gap doesn't exist, and a mouth closed version were the gap is filled and jaw meets neck.

Oh man! This is fantastic. Will you be kitting this?

I wish I could, chronicle is already watching me, I posted a picture of it in the statue forum saying that I will 3d print it and get it put together and painted by my friend who is repainting my breakout rex for me, for a personal project (for my own collection), and they said, "when did this thread become a place to advertise unlicensed product, boy am I glad universal is watching these threads." Seemed to me like they saw it as a threat and would try to pursue if it ever sold, i didn't see the need for the comment since I stated that it was a personal project. They really are trying to stifle replica prop makers from doing anything.

They said they see places like shapeways as "the new napster" and will be pursuing anyone selling jurassic related product on there and other sites. Thats so silly to me.

How could they sue someone for replicating a T Rex ? Doesn't God hold that copyright ? Now if you run around saying Jurassic Park T Rex, then I guess they could twist that into a copyright violation. Just call it a T rex , and you should be fine.

Chronicle Collectibles has a bug up their ass about fans selling or even making fan made replicas. They've already threatened a few other fan replica makers who were putting out better replicas than theirs. Chronicle's motto seems to be "If you can't beat the competition, get rid of the competition."

I agree, they have no legal claim to a species of dinosaur. If it's not being sold as a "Jurassic Park," there's nothing they can do about someone selling dinosaur statues to JP fans.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back