Dragon Ball/ Dragon Ball Z costumes thread

hmoney143

I'm planning on making costumes from DB and DBZ and instead of making an individual build thread for each ill cover them all here.
It should be know that I like the weathered realistic look for most my costumes so I will be taking some creative liberty's on these builds.

COMPLETED COSTUMES
Raditz
Thread can be found here
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=248788
2504839-gokupiccolovsraditztail.png13244617_1083141368399259_766457753746166330_n.jpg
Yamcha (21st World Martial Arts Tournament)
YamchaWMAT.pngyamchaa.jpg
Bulma (Pink Dress)
BulmaFEDB.pngbulma.jpg

WIP

Piccolo and Gohan (Cell Games)
4895526-4388921-4161432-24nk6de.jpg

Last edited:
Yamcha is about done, I just need to costume and makeup test.
The shirt was made by sewing 2 Green shirts together and tailoring to size, adding a zipper and submerging it in a brown dye for a few minutes to give it a darker earthier tone.
the symbol is foam painted with acrylic and weathered with shoe polish, the red lining was bought at hobby lobby and sewn into place.
unnamed.jpg
The pants were originally grey sweatpants dyed orange with synthetic rit dye and weathered with shoe polish.
unnamed (1).jpg
The scarf was cut and sewn to size and weathered
unnamed (2).jpg
For the wrist bands I made a pattern with saran wrap and masking tape to make sure they would fit me. I traced and cut the pattern on pink fabric, added foam inserts to give them volume and used the same red lining as on the shirt.
unnamed (4).jpg
The headband and belt were the same shape but different sizes, once cut and sewn the head band was dyed a dark red.
unnamed (3).jpg
The boots were tricky, I bought a cheap pair of slip on shoes, made a pattern for the covers then I cut and sewed them together. The white is a separate piece with pleats sewn in and sewn in place, the brown flap on top is a simple rectangle sewn on the top and the white string is extra fabric sewn to size. The covers were glued onto the shoe using shoe goo.
unnamed (5).jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bulma is coming along but for now I only have pictures of the shoes.
They were plain shoes to start, I made a pattern to make them look like the high tops we all know and love and cut them out of turquoise pleather found at Jo-Anns. the toung was a rectangle piece of fabric measured to size and It was all glued using shoe goo.
unnamed (6).jpg
The dress and wig are in progress and the belt, pouch, socks, scarf, etc. are getting started soon!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piccolo and Gohan are also rolling!
Both capes are done but I only have pictures of Piccolos
they were a foam base with white fabric draped over and glued into place. then it was weathered with brown and black shoe polish.
View attachment 736208View attachment 736209
16215514_3847384541795_574665140_n.jpg16237237_3847384581796_1453707635_n.jpg16244302_3847384501794_1376326791_n.jpg16216450_3847384381791_579686061_n.jpg16237569_3847384741800_1987918933_n.jpg
The Gi for both should be finished soon and ready for dyeing!
More updated soon!

Last edited:
Really nice too see DB builds :D! I actually did the cell games Gohan a couple years ago, but your cape is coming out so much better. Can't wait too see the rest.

Progress!
unnamed (10).jpg
The dress is a 4XL shirt from Walmart tailored to size, the symbol is made of foam and painted with acrylic.The the pouch is a simple square pattern with a foam box inside to make it sturdy and latched together with Velcro. The scarf is purple fabric sewn in a tube (Its the same way I made the socks).
Here is the wig without the red bow.
unnamed (9).jpg
the red watch is don and if time permits we'll be making a dragon radar (The convention is this weekend)
Almost done!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piccolo and Gohans Gi's are done and in the process of being dyed!
unnamed (11).jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back