Beyond Good and evil 2

astroboy

Master Member
I've been looking forward to this for about 10 years. The first one is one of my favorite games ever. We've had hints of a sequel, but it's always been on the backburner.

But I have to say, I'm not sure about this teaser. Sure there's a ton of win. But the language is unfortunate. The first one had the potential of being a real competitor with zelda. It was a world that you wanted to live in. Both as a kid and as an adult.

Even Anita Sarkesian praised the first game for having a great female protagonist. I loved that she was a photographer, not a soldier.

So as great as this looks, for me, the jury is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I have to say, I'm not sure about this teaser. Sure there's a ton of win. But the language is unfortunate. The first one had the potential of being a real competitor with zelda. It was a world that you wanted to live in. Both as a kid and as an adult.

Forget the language. These characters look to be complete and utter a-holes. It's one thing to short change a dangerous individual who is up to no good, but causing untold destruction across the city that undoubtably resulted in the deaths of HUNDREDS of innocents and laughing about it gleefully? And that monkey looks and sounds annoying as fudge.

Pretty CG for a cinematic but where's the gameplay? This tells nobody anything on how the game will play. I don't understand why publishers don't understand that difference between movies and video games.

Forget the language. These characters look to be complete and utter a-holes. It's one thing to short change a dangerous individual who is up to no good, but causing untold destruction across the city that undoubtably resulted in the deaths of HUNDREDS of innocents and laughing about it gleefully? And that monkey looks and sounds annoying as fudge.
Absolutely. It looks like some fake trailer for a gritty reboot.

The greatest thing about the first game was the tone. I loved the voice acting. And the action was more like splinter cell, than Zelda. It was all about stealth, not fighting

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Again, it looks great visually but not much gameplay was shown off. I'd be more interested what they accomplish in a year from now and show that off. If it's still just "look at zees graffics and watch zes sheeps fly as I looq for monay," I would be really bummed.

Again, it looks great visually but not much gameplay was shown off. I'd be more interested what they accomplish in a year from now and show that off. If it's still just "look at zees graffics and watch zes sheeps fly as I looq for monay," I would be really bummed.
What I saw there wasn't about graphics as much as it was about the scale.

My favorite part of the first one was how seamless it was to get into, and pilot a vehicle. You just got in and started driving. It wasn't a different level.

I realize that GTA does this, but for some reason the driving sequences feel like they're still at the same scale.

In this, it's more like zooming in and out of something on Google Earth. That's what gave it the great star wars feel.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back