Acrylic Display Bases

Eric Ardros

Sr Member
Below is a series of custom-made display bases I had done at a plastics shop near where I live:

There are more, such as one for a TNG Phaser Rifle and RelicMaker's crystal shard from "The Dark Crystal", but I'm having issues uploading to Photobucket at the moment.

I'll post pics of the other ones when I'm able. Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Both the CaptJTK Crapazoid P2's and gbaldi B5 PPG now have custom MR-style display plaques attached.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but on the plaque material is spelled incorrectly, if that is supposed to be what it is.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but on the plaque material is spelled incorrectly, if that is supposed to be what it is.

Actually, the spelling on that production-made label is correct. "Material" refers to the physical makeup of an item or surface (ie. styrene is a material), whereas "Materiel" generally refers to military technology and supplies and also in commercial supply chain management.

Photobucket decided to start cooperating again, so I can now post pics of the rest of the custom-made display bases (most for myself, a few for others):

Actually, the spelling on that production-made label is correct. "Material" refers to the physical makeup of an item or surface (ie. styrene is a material), whereas "Materiel" generally refers to military technology and supplies and also in commercial supply chain management.
A good point well made.

Oh! Cool learned something new today.

This is quite the collection. Does the shop just build to your specs or do they design them as well?

Oh! Cool learned something new today.

This is quite the collection. Does the shop just build to your specs or do they design them as well?

I provide the shop with drawn 1:1 templates for everything I have them make, though my go-to guy there has provided input for some of the designs.

Thanks :D I started designing these a couple years ago, after looking at my collection one day and realizing some of what I had just wasn't being shown off the way it should be. These stands help to display the more prized items in my collection much more prominently than simply having them lying flat on their side on a shelf :p lol

EDIT: I've even managed to get a few done up for others that wanted the same stands for their own props, lol. The shop I deal with holds onto all of the machining files they create for every project I've gone to them for, so it's a simple matter of replicating the same work.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back