TLJ SPOILERS - Is Phasma actually Snoke's secret apprentice?

Whether they are a pawn or not is moot-- if they are learning Sith crap and called Darth, they are a Sith. What they are used for has nothing to do with what they are.

Besides, the rule of two makes zero sense if any one of the given two has a back-up. It's nonsense.

And no matter how rough TLJ was, to suddenly pull out of the air in IX that Snoke wasn't the real master would be utterly pointless. It removes all agency and evolution from Kylo Ren, it makes no sense that he's literally the supreme leader. That's just bad storytelling.

Unless it was a double fake out.

Luke faking being at Crait, Snoke faking being on the ship. Who says he couldn't have played along with Kylo's coup attempt and just left a body for them for a long time? he already showed in the beginning the ablity to throw someone around a room from a good distance.

Unless it was a double fake out.

Luke faking being at Crait, Snoke faking being on the ship. Who says he couldn't have played along with Kylo's coup attempt and just left a body for them for a long time? he already showed in the beginning the ablity to throw someone around a room from a good distance.
That is a good point. If they go that way, we'll not know until Ep 9 comes out.

Besides, the rule of two makes zero sense if any one of the given two has a back-up. It's nonsense.

l guess my thought is that a.) the “back-up apprentice” thing might have just come out of Hidalgo’s ass; b.) even if there was some substance to the idea in Abrams/Kasdan’s story notes, Johnson apparently ignored it (though I suppose Abrams can revive the idea in IX); and c.) Snoke and Kylo aren’t Sith, so adherence to the Rule of Two is moot.

And no matter how rough TLJ was, to suddenly pull out of the air in IX that Snoke wasn't the real master would be utterly pointless. It removes all agency and evolution from Kylo Ren, it makes no sense that he's literally the supreme leader. That's just bad storytelling.

I agree. I think TLJ took great pains to make clear that Kylo had one last clear shot to break away from the Dark Side, and he refused it, opting to become the new Big Bad. Going forward, he can no longer blame his Dark Side allegiance on parenting issues, Luke’s moment of weakness or Snoke’s thrall. Kylo owns it now. Come what may, it’s all on him.

I think IX would be a little late in the game to introduce the idea of (much less the identity of) a grand puppet-master who’s been pulling the strings all along. IMO, that would detract from the power of whatever denouement Kylo and Rey are speeding toward.

Last edited:
Phasma is the new Boba Fett. The new Darth Maul. A cool costume/ suit and nothing more. Just a cool looking henchman that dies quickly without any character development and quite honestly none is needed. They serve a purpose. To look cool and perhaps even do a few cool things. I'm honestly fine with that.

I hope they resurrect Snoke and give him spider legs so he can exact revenge on Kylo Ren about 15 years after the fact. That would be so awesome! And he should have a brother named Malevolent Persecutor, but pronounced in a fancy way.

Phasma is the new Boba Fett. The new Darth Maul. A cool costume/ suit and nothing more. Just a cool looking henchman that dies quickly without any character development and quite honestly none is needed. They serve a purpose. To look cool and perhaps even do a few cool things. I'm honestly fine with that.

I hope they resurrect Snoke and give him spider legs so he can exact revenge on Kylo Ren about 15 years after the fact. That would be so awesome! And he should have a brother named Malevolent Persecutor, but pronounced in a fancy way.

I see what you’re saying, but Phasma didn’t do anything to make her a serious threat. Boba Fett outsmarted Han Solo, captured him and collected TWO bounties on him. Darth Maul fought two Jedi at once and took out a venerated Jedi Master. All Phasma really did was 1.) give an order to fire upon unarmed prisoners, 2.) get pwned by Chewie and give up the Starkiller codes, and 3.) fight Finn for ten seconds before he clocked her with that baton.

Yes, she looked cool, and I love that they used Gwendoline Christie; I just wish they’d have given her a little more to do, or perform at least one impressive feat to show her as someone to be reckoned with, y’know?

As for the spider legs and “Savage Oppress”....yeah. Thanks, George. A definite low point in “TCW”.

I hope not. That character sucks so much. Could have been amazing but from The Force Awakens on is a waste. If they bring her back from the dead one more time I'm forever her calling her the Kenny of Star Wars.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back