My DUNE fremen crysknife

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
Nothing too fancy. I know some people are on a budget so I thought since everything is made using scrap or material intended for trash I would post this.

Styled a mostly like (but not exactly) like the Lynch DUNE knife. Each knife should look a bit different depending on the tooth segment it was carved from so it was intentionally made differently.

Made from scrap ABS sheet laminated together that was intended for trash. Cost $0.
The end of the handle was made from scrap wood pulled from the trash. Cost $0.
Base made from a scrap of mahogany found at Goodwill for $2.
The paint was the most expensive for this project.

So the next time you say you don't have enough money for the hobby consider what you have at your disposal and try and envision it's potential as well as your own. :)

ck01.jpg

ck02.jpg

Last edited:
That's fantastic. I'd say it more resembles the concept drawing of the Crysknife from the Lynch version.

I especially like the geometry you've created where the grip transitions into the blade. Well done! :thumbsup

Very nice. I loved the Dune books back when I was a wee lad and was really looking forward to the movie when it first came out. Needless to say I was disappointed but it did have some nice props including the knife. We also got to see Captain Picard and Agent Cooper along with just about every one else including Sting.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back