(FINISHED!)Bandai 1/144 AT-AT (FINISHED!) (2 more still to go!)

WOW! You've done a GREAT JOB painting it. Super Clean. However, may folks don't pose them correctly. They were based on the way an elephant walks. In fact, Phil Tippet went toe the zoo and painted (with tempra paints) some registration marks on an elephant to document just how they walked. Basically, think a figure 8. The legs on one side would be far apart, and on the other would be almost next to each other, centered under the body. It picks up one leg at a time left-rear, front-right, front-left, right-rear, repeat. some tap dancing is allowed like pivoting to blast a snow speeder out of the sky. The body moves forward all the time. you will notice that sometimes during the scenes that the body will tend to tilt forward, due to the way the models were used. The feet were bolted to the surface after the foot flattens onto the surface. when the body was pushed forward per frame the bodies tended to end up rear up. I've watched the At-AT sequence since it came out. I modified the older kits to be fully articulated, including the swivel ankle parts and hydraulic pistons on the inside of the feet.

Last edited:
Did you add a flat or gloss coat before your weathering? I normall do gloss but I don't think it would need it on this clean plastic. I normally paint my kits but the grey is nice on this for a base..

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back