Ghostbusters 2016 sequel?

It's probably not PC to use this word from my youth, but a lot of web sites are spastic. I even find that I can't read the articles on my tablets because ads and SSI blocks keep pushing the text up and down. I don't like playign Whack-a-mole with my eyes, while reading.

One site even popped up popovers on top of the text I was reading twice, separated by 30 seconds. I closed the window in disgust.

Either I'm turning into a grumpy old fart, or it's reaching critical mass …*some pages/sites, I just don't read. I abandon my effort to read and give up. It's that bad. And as someone who was there at the outset of the Web, I consider this the end of days. When content tricks and ad-revenue stunts are making content[1] secondary to all the clickbait, ads, survey invitations, and dancing bologna, then I'm all for just reading a book.

[1] And I haven't even talked about sites where their spelling, grammar, and copy editing is below a 10th grade educational level!

Last edited:
You're not. There are a few sites I still actually want to read, but I can't stomach the adds so I just skip them.

If these media/news websites knew how rapidly I close the window & leave as soon as it starts popping ads up, they wouldn't be doing it. And I'm probably not alone.
Unfortunately, that is like saying "If I don't watch reality shows the networks will eventually stop showing them.". As long as enough people sit through them to make whatever profit they want they will keep doing it.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Speaking of advertisements, Tapatalk has started showing large banner ads at the top and bottom of the page.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

“I think it would be really cool to see Korean ghosts or Chinese ghosts. All those great traditions in the world have all these tales and things those people are afraid of. To have a sort of local group of Ghostbusters that tie with the head office in New York would be fun”.

Yesh...you go tapp into that Chinese market Ivan....Because nobody in the west is looking for a new ghostbusters.

Last edited by a moderator:
248c238fb2b29a132a09911cacbd0efa49609a3b.gif

I still haven't watched this, and probably never will. Neither the director or many of the actresses have impressed me much in the past...just not my style.

What I will never understand is why they went this direction in the first place. I get it...Murray wasn't on board and that Ramis had passed away...but I always felt that a better direction would have been to have had Aykroyd and Hudson in a different location training a new group of Ghostbusters in another city...let's say Chicago.

If you go this route you can have news reports, text messages, emails, etc from Venkman and Spengler which keeps them as part of the story despite never being on screen...basically you could have loose connections back to New York while Stantz and Zeddmore are training the new group.

This keeps the old while introducing new, and if successful the franchise could move forward in the new setting and have very little depend on the original cast if none of them were interested. I think with good casting this could have worked really well. I always had a few people in mind, but none of that matters now.

People just need to let go of this franchise. That or take it in the obvious direction: actually treat it like a franchise a la Burger King. That's your story; new franchises popping up all over, and you tell their stories. GB, LLC went international after the second New York incident. The 2016 film is an alternate universe existing parallel to the original films' universe. Maybe they overlap at some point down the road, but at the end of the day, you tell stories about the franchises or one franchise in particular. OR JUST LET THE WHOLE THING REST IN PEACE.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back