Black Panther Solo Movie Build

Maybe you could cut the Chanel’s out that you want lit up, out a transparent sheet inside the helmet and out LEDs inside. They just shine through the sheet and the grooves

To avoid mold and casting in something clear or opaque you could print the parts in a translucent clear or a opaque semi transparent color (I use PLA). Then finish/paint like normal 3d printed items making sure to mask off all the areas you want to glow or light up. Put the LED's on the inside and you can adjust the light diffusing by where you place the LED's. I have used this technique with smaller props in the past.

Just to chime in, the real suit is a black screenprinted oversuit stretched over a chrome undersuit that helps give it a metallic finish and define the muscular structure like the man of steel suit. Hypothetically what you could do is do your suit in the same kind of fashion, attach blue/purple el strips to the undersuit and when the oversuit is on and the lights are on it would look like everything is lighting up correctly under the screenprinted material. for the helmet you could do like a one way mirror finish and sand it down so light could still shine through but maintain a metal finish to it (just thinking off the top of my head). you may be sacrificing some flexibility for the lights but it would be great to see that feature done practically. For the pattern of the light up areas I recommend the hottoys figure as it is the best look at most angles of the new suit. :D
IMG_2632-e1501015133772.jpg
d23expo0043.jpg
Ryan-Coogler-and-Chadwick-Boseman-on-set-for-Black-Panther.jpg
black-panther-poster-2.jpg
c5306-marvel-black-panther-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903380-18.jpg
marvel-black-panther-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903380-11.jpg

So I'm retro-bumping this thread as I'm going to go through with buying a suit for starters. So far I'm looking into Herostime for either Gunhead or Arachnid Studios.

What do you think?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back