WIP: Ember Celica (RWBY)

LadyGrimdour

I honestly have no intro to this other than I needed to get my gears running.

So, I went with Ember Celica, Yang's shotgun gauntlets from RWBY.

embercelica.jpg

Here it is so far.

My main struggle with even starting with this piece was the base. I wasn't sure whether foam gauntlets can be worn without any straps, so I went with a safe option: Pringle cans. After cutting the cans to size, I cut out foam pieces, starting from the front of the guns. Once the shape started to form, I moved on to the gun barrel itself. I cut out the barrel piece from a feather duster, and scored where it would go on the foam. After that, I marked the angle on the tube and cut accordingly, doing the same on the other side. If you've noticed, I added another layer of foam onto the piece; I realised the original piece wasn't gonna be thick enough so I sandwiched another layer.

Before I worked on the body, I started strapping the insides down with velcro strips. I first lined where they would loop, and cut it out with a rotary tool. Fun fact: the cutting tool also works to widen your cuts: just push it against the surface a bit. Then I got my adhesive velcro strips, looped them around the cuts, and ran some tissue on the sides so the straps aren't adhesive anymore.

For the shotgun shells, I cut out foam pieces, rounded them and used bottle caps as the shotgun ends.

I shall update this once I start working on again.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back