Studio Scale Sandcrawler (ANH)

And here is where I am now. Front sections all done, except for a few missing ID's. There's a few more pics on my Facebook page.

Sandcrawler_041.jpgSandcrawler_037.jpgSandcrawler_034.jpg

Thanks guys. I am still missing a few ID's on these sections so I'd appreciate it if people could have a look if they recognise anything. If anyone can help me out here or in PM it would be greatly appreciated.

The parts in section R2 I can't ID because I don't have a clear pic of them. I'd be happy with a better pic if anyone has it.

unknownparts_R2.jpgunknownparts_T1.jpgunknownparts_R1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure. But, the parts in R2 look like the same Bandai Panther G parts that are on the Jedi training remote miniature.

I know the part you mean and would make sense as the Panther is all over this thing. But the flat top of that part is completely smooth and this part seems to have a smaller circular detail on the flat top..... Oh and is less conical too. Looks almost like a disc.

I'm not sure. But, the parts in R2 look like the same Bandai Panther G parts that are on the Jedi training remote miniature.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i checked that part too. It's very similar, but not correct. So maybe another gun..... think the styrene should be light grey.

The parts in T1 look like something from a rifel accessory kit and the Y looking thing looks like a tripod for the M2 50 BMG

Hey John, it's in my signature, but i don't think you see those if you are an app like Tapatalk. The page is:

www.facebook.com/industriallightandmodeling

whats your facebook please - you mention other pictures available there

thanks - John

Well I think I found the part and it is on a tank. I have the kit incoming so I'll soon know for sure. Don't know what it is though on the tank. Update: yes the part has been found.

Could R1 be a tank periscope?

Last edited:
Interesting. I've never looked at accessories kits before. What kind of part do you think it could be? I know jack about guns.... Don't know if it's clear in the pic but the part I'm looking for is the part with the three parallel tubular sections.

The parts in T1 look like something from a rifel accessory kit and the Y looking thing looks like a tripod for the M2 50 BMG

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of update in while. I've had many people asking me about the way I built the Sandcrawler and asking if they could have a set of parts. Which has led me to start offering the starter set to others. Check out my Facebook page for more info (products):

http://www.facebook.com/industriallightandmodeling

That has been quite some work so havent had too much time to work on my own. I'll be back on it when I get back from being abroad at the end of Feb. I hope to have most of it finished in primer by end of March for a Convention in the UK.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back