Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    5 Days Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 1:51 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #26

Handsomejack96 said: View Post
    Hey I'm currently in the process of building my own homecoming costume but I'm stuck on the mask part and was wondering how you made yours, if you could help me out in anyone I really appreciate it
    No problem! I'm remaking my mask at the moment, so this will be a great opportunity to show you my process.
    Since I used a full jacket/hoodie for my vest, I have these nice big fleece sleeves left over. After undoing the stitching, I'm left with two sizable sheets of fleece.

Laid on top of each other with the insides facing outward, I freehanded a head profile, which I then stitched together and cut out.

Before turning it rightside out, I folded the mask horizontally at the chin point and then stitched across it so as to remove the pointed look when I'm wearing the mask. It also helps to define the jaw a bit more. and tada! I may insert a zipper in the rear at the neck so that I can get it a bit more taut, I'll keep you updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5 Days Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 9:05 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #27

Update: finished mask v2.

With back zipper installed for ease of access and tauter neck.

I've also installed my faceshell/lenses more or less and have begun texturing on my new suit which arrived yesterday. Will post full suit pictures soon.

5 Days Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 9:16 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #28

theSavvySpider said: View Post
    Update: finished mask v2.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...92462afec2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2d179d8f77.jpg
    With back zipper installed for ease of access and tauter neck.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b1aba9a0b0.jpg
    I've also installed my faceshell/lenses more or less and have begun texturing on my new suit which arrived yesterday. Will post full suit pictures soon.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...088b74dbbb.jpg

Who's file did you use for the suit?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    5 Days Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 9:19 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #29

JDVaughan17 said: View Post
    Who's file did you use for the suit?

I made my own by combining several and making some edits to bring about better fitting.

5. Member Since
    Feb 2017
    4 Days Ago  Jun 21, 2017, 3:18 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #30

One last question for the template making did you guesstimate or measured your head because I'm not good at making templates and this is the thing that's been killing me for the longest
    4 Days Ago  Jun 21, 2017, 3:23 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #31

Handsomejack96 said: View Post
    One last question for the template making did you guesstimate or measured your head because I'm not good at making templates and this is the thing that's been killing me for the longest
    I measured my head. And almost everything else. Almost..

4 Days Ago  Jun 21, 2017, 3:27 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #32

I have finished the installation of the lenses into the faceshell and I'm very pleased. To give it a more cinematic look, I cut out pieces from some 2$ plastic safety glasses I got from Walmart, and inserted them into the lenses atop the mesh. I'll also be lightly puff painting the webbing to give it that metallic glint we've seen in the trailers.

4 Days Ago  Jun 21, 2017, 5:51 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #33

dude,way cooler than RPC studios'

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk
    4 Days Ago  Jun 21, 2017, 6:01 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #34

theSavvySpider said: View Post
    I have finished the installation of the lenses into the faceshell and I'm very pleased. To give it a more cinematic look, I cut out pieces from some 2$ plastic safety glasses I got from Walmart, and inserted them into the lenses atop the mesh. I'll also be lightly puff painting the webbing to give it that metallic glint we've seen in the trailers. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e4c294e0c3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...623e0aea2e.jpg

Man, I knew we were on to something when we saw that half shell, because man that looks amazing! Way better than RPC Studios shell all together including lenses. The lenses are the focal point of almost every Spidey suit and they look flawless, congrats man When I do my mask I hope to have mine look like yours, because honestly it looks incredibly movie accurate! I wish you luck with your suit

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk
    4 Days Ago  Jun 21, 2017, 6:07 PM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #35

skull splitt3r said: View Post
    Man, I knew we were on to something when we saw that half shell, because man that looks amazing! Way better than RPC Studios shell all together including lenses. The lenses are the focal point of almost every Spidey suit and they look flawless, congrats man When I do my mask I hope to have mine look like yours, because honestly it looks incredibly movie accurate! I wish you luck with your suit

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, I'm glad you like it. Honestly I was just hoping to get a nice mask as far as budget goes, but it turned out to just be a nice mask period. The lenses are very nicely porpotioned and perfectly oriented on the mask, and though the faceshell took a bit of work, I'm very happy with it.

11. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    1 Day Ago  Jun 24, 2017, 1:54 AM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #36

How do you think the half mask works as a faceshell? I've been considering getting one for my Homemade suit
    1 Day Ago  Jun 24, 2017, 9:25 AM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #37

Troy Cavalieri said: View Post
    How do you think the half mask works as a faceshell? I've been considering getting one for my Homemade suit
    I've been meaning to go into this a bit more, and I'll post some pictures when I get home from work, but I actually ended up fusing the mask with the bottom of another different ten dollar target mask, because the padding required to make the lense installation look right and be semi comfortable makes the edge at the bottom of the half-shell a bit too prominent. I will still say that it's wonderful for screen accurate lense installation but I would recommend adding in the jaw from another budget mask for the best results. That's what I'm wearing in the previously posted pictures.

1 Day Ago  Jun 24, 2017, 10:24 AM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #38

That mask looks fantastic! I'm definitely doing this method on my suit.

1 Day Ago  Jun 24, 2017, 10:29 AM - Re: Another Spider Man Homecoming double suit build... #39

Okay here is my current faceshell. The top half is the homecoming halfmask with the jaw and nose from this mask fused to the bottom.