vintage kenner 12 inch custom figures

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With all the talent here on the forum, I was wondering if anyone has ever tackled custom clothing. There are a few figures that were prototypes but not released. I have seen these only in photos shared from a very lucky collector. These photos do not belong to me but can be found on google.
IMG_2489-1088x816.jpgIMG_1036-1536x864-896361791854.jpg

I was hoping someone here had some experience with making custom clothing. As you can see, the figures haven't changed, only their outfits.

Also shown in photos, is the unfinished prototype for Lando.

We can do this here, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey kevin926 ! Are you wanting help making custom clothes for 12" figures, or lifesize for yourself?

For figures, check out all the 1/6th action figure clothes, you could certainly mix and match from all those to make some Star Warsy outfits for your figures.

Good Luck either way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I'd put it in the collectables sub-forum, but I'm not gonna hit the report button or anything.
You'd get a higher level of expertise over at Rebelscum. http://forum.rebelscum.com/forum.php I mean, Gus Lopez is over there. Well he's here too, @gus

You can read more about these on the swca http://theswca.com/images-unproduced.html

I'm a member there. Toyman941 is me. I won't get any help from them. I posted about it and was ignored and attacked. Called it repro, and if you know that site, you know that's grounds for a caning

Lol.

I don't want to go down the path of repro but it would be a good addition to display with my original completed 12 inch set.

Call it custom to avoid the caning ;)

I've been over there since 05' and know how difficult it can be at times. Facebook has really killed the participation over there IMO.

Call it custom to avoid the caning ;)

I've been over there since 05' and know how difficult it can be at times. Facebook has really killed the participation over there IMO.

Yes indeed. I have watched a few older members get banned for not putting up with new members and their UGrades. It's been around 5 years for me now.

U-grades, don't get me started!
Did you ever get your sandcrawler remote to work?

I'm a member there. Toyman941 is me. I won't get any help from them. I posted about it and was ignored and attacked. Called it repro, and if you know that site, you know that's grounds for a caning. I don't want to go down the path of repro but it would be a good addition to display with my original completed 12 inch set.

It get super controversial in toy collecting when a custom toy is made to be a reproduction of a known original vs a custom of something that never existed. There is a camp that does not support reproduction, so that is probably why you saw a harsh reaction. Put in the right context, I think people would react okay on the Facebook groups or Rebelscum.

Gus

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back