List of items stolen from Rancho Obi Wan

dbuck

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a LIST OF ITEMS that hasn’t truly been accounted for. If you bought any of these, especially on eBay (user name: winterceltic) or through the rebelscum forum in the last year from Carl Cunningham, please let us know at tips@ranchoobiwan.org. Feel free to SHARE.

Jawa 12 Back Palitoy
Amanaman Tri-Logo
Ben Kenobi 12 Back-B Takara Sticker
Lego Millenium Falcon Set Sealed #10179
Darth Vader ESB 41 Back-A
Chewbacca POTF 92 Back
Hammerhead Palitoy Trilogo
Han Solo (Large Head) 12 Back
Jawa 20-back J
Luke Skywalker (Bespin) Brown hair 47-back
Princess Leia Organa Palitoy Trilogo
R2-D2 ESB 31-back card
R5-D4 SW 21-back card
Hammerhead SW 21-back card
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot SW 21 back
LEGO Super Star Destroyer #10221
Sand People 12A-back Palitoy
Death Squad Commander 12B back Palitoy
R2-D2 with Sensorscope ROTJ 65-back Palitoy
Luke Skywaker (brown hair) Trilogo Palitoy
Yak Face Trilogo Palitoy
LEGO Rebel Snowspeeder #10129
LEGO Imperial Shuttle #10212
Death Star Cardboard Playset Toltoys box with Palitoy innards

The story I read didn't make it clear, but was this guy friends with Steve Sansweet or volunteer there or something? It was unclear how he just walked off with this stuff.

I've never met him before, but for all the stuff Steve Sansweet has done for the fan and collecting community, that is really low.

The story I read didn't make it clear, but was this guy friends with Steve Sansweet or volunteer there or something? It was unclear how he just walked off with this stuff.

I've never met him before, but for all the stuff Steve Sansweet has done for the fan and collecting community, that is really low.

Yes, he was a friend who stayed with Steve quite a bit. Apparently he would occasionally stuff some prized possession(s) into his pack while alone within the collection and walk out. Steve trusted him the way all of us trust our good friends. Turned out badly for him in this case and was a massive gut punch to one of the kindest men to ever walk this planet.

Security has been drastically changed at Rancho in the aftermath. For the rest of the world, this news has just broken, those of us on staff or on the board have been dealing with this for some time. Right before the last tour I gave I was checking the collection to see if certain items sold on certain boards had come from Rancho or not. I was pleased that particular day to find not one of those items was missing.

I also feel violated, the collection is something my wife and I are caretakers of and trusted with, our dismay and disgust is beyond measure.

The list isn't a complete list of items that were stolen, but it is a list of items that we don't know where they ended up. Sadly enough, the list may grow.

was just listening to Howard Stern and this story was mentioned.
And I'm surprised there is more stuff missing.

cause the only thing I knew missing was the Proto Fett and returned from a few months ago.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1133862
so, this all new to me.

And you have to spend years to be trusted and then use that trust to back stab someone. This guy was calculated in what he was doing.
hope all or most items are returned.

An excerpt from the letter Rancho Obi Wan sent out:

The theft came to light after Philip Wise, a good friend, major collector and owner of several Star Wars websites, posted news of the theft of his rare prototype rocket-firing Boba Fett action figure from his Texas warehouse. Zach Tann, a respected toy dealer and collector in Southern California, immediately notified Philip that he had purchased that figure from Carl Edward Cunningham, 45, a well-known Star Wars collector and R2-D2 builder from Marietta, Georgia.

Tann further told Philip that he previously had bought many other rare Star Wars collectibles from Carl and sent a detailed list. Philip said that he quickly concluded by the quantity and quality of items that they had likely been stolen from my collection here in Petaluma, California.

Tann is working closely with us and authorities to help recover and return as many of the stolen collectibles as possible. Without Zach Tann’s call to Philip, which came despite great potential personal financial exposure to himself, we might still not know of the theft or its extent.

Well it is hard to believe that Carl Cunningham started his 12 months sentence (still a shockingly soft punishment) on December 29th, 2017. That means he is at 5 months today and is almost half way done with his time. With good behavior, he might even get an early release. He still has 3 years of probation ahead of him and will need to pay back $185,000, but I still think they went too light on him and he should have served a few years for his crimes.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back