Looking for ideas for an X-wing pilot costume for my son

super j

I haven't found much info on a kids size suit. The only orange jumpsuit I've found is a nasa flight suit that runs around $60. Everything I've looked at on amazon is for younger children. He's 10. I saw a few mentions of using a pattern. That's a possible option if I have to go that route. The final option is buying the Rubie's costume and modifying it. I'm not sure of the quality of the suit itself or the accessories, though. Hopefully someone has some ideas to push me in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing what comes out from our researches. I am currently plan to start a downsized helmet for kids.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If you can sew then just make it from scratch.

I made one for my niece, making the patterns myself from just tracing around a pair of her sweat pants and shirt.

Accept for the helmet and boots the whole thing took me 4 days to make.

Last edited:
I can't sew, yet. I bought a sewing machine, but I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. That may be the route I go.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to seeing what comes out from our researches. I am currently plan to start a downsized helmet for kids.

Are you going to build it off of a helmet, or make it from scratch?

I am looking for a good base dome to start with but it will be from scratch and possibly will do the mold if turns out nice. I wil try to adapt the yellow lens from a regular size one

Not really cheap here in UK I was thinking about a bicycle or skateboard. I don't want to hijack this tread though talking about the helmet.

I ordered a baseball helmet that should arrive today. I also ordered a coveralls pattern for the flight suit. I also found two Canadian companies and an English company selling orange coveralls for kids. I haven't decided which route to take yet. The Canadian companies are both around $35. Not sure what the exchange rate will drop them to. The English company is around $12, but there is no option for shipping to the US.

I'm looking at pepakura for the chest box. I've never done pepakura before, but the box should be fairly simple. I haven't found any definitive measurements for this. I just scaled down the file to fit his frame.

Great thread...I've been thinking of this same thing for my 8 year old.

My plan was to find (or work on) a 3d model for the helmet and then have a master 3d printed. If there were enough interest in a child sized helmet, I might be able to offer either plastic or fiberglass kits...Same for the chest box.

Jason

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back