A theory on the ESB hero graflex pics intensive

Just curious....does anyone know where these two pics came from? I got these off of Google and who ever did these included the top grip screws.
Those were done by a member of the RPF called DARTH SABER.
Look in the gallery here on the RPF for a bunch more blueprints by the above mentioned member.

The reason I have to say there is no screws is. We have a good picture of vaders saber with out screws during filming.

So now if Luke's grips fell off because of the cold and they used Screws to hold them on (including the small black screws)

What is the chance the crazy prop department has the same exact (matching black) screws after filming to put on vaders

I just find it hard to believe. This is why I'd love to see what Seth has.

On a personal note I love the touch of the little black screws but if they don't have them on in the wampa scene I don't want to add them

I'm hoping for little black screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vaders saber wouldn't need the screws because he wasn't in any scenes except for one when in invades echo base. Also I thought alot of the vader scenes in empire he didn't have his saber on his belt? That means those extra screws were not needed ;) lol

Mortifactors pics show the same anomaly. To me it's the top grip screw lol

I took the pic to mean there are no top screws :lol

The idea that there are screws comes from the ranch saber pic, but the screws in this picture don't look countersunk and are rather larger than the anomaly on the other pictures. Also, what about the other grips? No sign there. I think the top screws look cool and will possibly include them on my ESB Vader, but I don't think they are in the other pictures.

Also the clamp screw when painted black is too large and the paint will scratch off very easily, I tried it out. I think it really is a small black bolt (not so hard to find) OR damaged plating from the original screw that has corroded somewhat. Or it could just be some other random object, very hard to tell.

You wouldn't see them due to the angle in your pic. Darth Sabers design shows the placement of the top screws. The clamp screw painted black still makes since. I am going to paint mine and will post a pic when I do. I will try and match the angle of your pics to see what it would look like.

The motor was never added to an actual Graflex. It was in the ANH stunt which was scratch built. The ESB stunts didn't make use of it.

Sorry-- just saw the request for this:

bump.jpg

Sorry I was confused Seth, I thought u had a pic of the small black screws in the grips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love discussions like this - it's good to also use information that's already been hashed out as a base too.

That mark may be evidence for a top grip screw, none of our resources has shown those on set yet. In fact, the Vader saber from ESB definitely did not have them, so we have assumed for now they were a post production, or at least post ESB addition.

I've always seen a dark screw in the clamp too, glad that's being discussed :)

The grip history is pretty well known now. We have pictures of the grips with no screws from early filming. Then some with no grips, around the same time. (Norway) and then some from later filming with grip screws. This works out with the story that they fell off from cold, and had to be quickly re-attached. The date of the picture is important here.

Also :devil call me brash, but the only real evidence of rivets in the grips was on a replica, which was made with very poor reference. So far we have, on film, silver/black blurry dots on the grips which could be taken either way. In that R2D2 shot someone blew up a great screencap and you could see an "x" on the closest two grips. I wish I'd saved that image. The only surviving complete graflex in the archives has phillips pan-head screws, which are rusty now. Anyway, the rivets are an open minded alternative, and I enjoy the discussion on the board, but I just want to re-state what evidence we've gathered, as opposed to the fact we have little leading to the idea it could be anything.

Edit: I DID save the picture. Not sure who did it, but I see at least one phillips socket

Attachments

• ESBScrewsproof.jpg
    ESBScrewsproof.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 110
I agree with you totally. To me it makes since that the original clamp screw was left on. Why replace a perfectly good part that is already thete. As for the grip screws at the top of the t track. To me it just makes since that they are there. On my replica you can't even tell there there. I'm going to post some pics of my clamp screw I just painted black here shortly.

Dang, that does look spot on. When it came to the real prop, I was always under the impression the screw tarnished. I doubt they'd go get paint and paint that screw for any reason - but the dark spot really brings out the "ESB" feel :D

Here is my ESB Luke with the original clamp screw painted black. To me it's spot on.

I tried this, but the screw overlaps the silver tape - which it does not in any of the available images.

IMG_7205 by HRE838, on Flickr

I don't think my way is likely right, as it is just too hard to tell. But I think it approximates the reference better than the original screw. What do you think?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back