A theory on the ESB hero graflex pics intensive

I love discussions like this - it's good to also use information that's already been hashed out as a base too.

That mark may be evidence for a top grip screw, none of our resources has shown those on set yet. In fact, the Vader saber from ESB definitely did not have them, so we have assumed for now they were a post production, or at least post ESB addition.

I've always seen a dark screw in the clamp too, glad that's being discussed :)

The grip history is pretty well known now. We have pictures of the grips with no screws from early filming. Then some with no grips, around the same time. (Norway) and then some from later filming with grip screws. This works out with the story that they fell off from cold, and had to be quickly re-attached. The date of the picture is important here.

Also :devil call me brash, but the only real evidence of rivets in the grips was on a replica, which was made with very poor reference. So far we have, on film, silver/black blurry dots on the grips which could be taken either way. In that R2D2 shot someone blew up a great screencap and you could see an "x" on the closest two grips. I wish I'd saved that image. The only surviving complete graflex in the archives has phillips pan-head screws, which are rusty now. Anyway, the rivets are an open minded alternative, and I enjoy the discussion on the board, but I just want to re-state what evidence we've gathered, as opposed to the fact we have little leading to the idea it could be anything.

Edit: I DID save the picture. Not sure who did it, but I see at least one phillips socket

That pic looks great, is there an uncropped version?

I have always assumed that the "clamp screw" was corrosion lining up with the gap right under that slot. A real vintage clamp I have has quite a lot of dark rust, especially around that spot.

Anyway, I would try Gun Blue on the screw head before paint.

I am doing a ESB build for my friend right now. My plan is to soda blast the screw. If the screw is brass, then using brass black to turn it black. If it is steel then gun blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always assumed that the "clamp screw" was corrosion lining up with the gap right under that slot. A real vintage clamp I have has quite a lot of dark rust, especially around that spot.

Anyway, I would try Gun Blue on the screw head before paint.

ding ding ding... winner winner chicken dinner. ^_^ This is what I believe I see in my reference pics. there's no screw, but the corrosion from the same spot as the screw... probably FROM the screw at some point.

As for the T track top screws... I don't think the Bespin shots have it at all. In fact the only way it MIGHT be on screen is in Dagobah... MAYBE. The reference I can find sucks.

If its a romans it should be. Take it out and scratch the square nut should be brass.

- - - Updated - - -

That screw and nut is unique to the graflex. I cannot find a suitable replacement anywhere. I wonder if Roy at wannawanga.com could make some?

I can see where that could be corrosion but it's in the exact same place and shape of the original clamp screw would be. Also my graflex top section is really loose in the clamp with out the screw. Maybe that's why they kept it.

Nope. Early on the Norway shoot, there were no T Track screws. They got added later at some point. Remember the Wampa scene wasn't shot on location. If you look when Luke is getting out of the downed speeder, the notches and screws are there, but new and black. I don't know where and when that was filmed though... I imagine they didn't have a prop speeder on location though.

Nope. Early on the Norway shoot, there were no T Track screws. They got added later at some point. Remember the Wampa scene wasn't shot on location. If you look when Luke is getting out of the downed speeder, the notches and screws are there, but new and black. I don't know where and when that was filmed though... I imagine they didn't have a prop speeder on location though.

Looks like they may have if this is true.
IMG_0011.PNG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back