B-Wing for Wonderfest

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished her up!
P5310052.jpgP5310068.jpgP5310035.jpgP5310034.jpgP5310030.jpgP5310028.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It's a Neisen kit - HEAVILY modified to make the wings work and cockpit swivel. Not for the faint of heart.

Wow that is special. Some of those shots look very similar to rotj pics. Nicely done sir!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have one of these beautiful kits and am in two minds about drilling out the wings to make them work... any tips?
Did you use brass tube? How did you create friction in the hinge to hold the weight of the wings in vertical flight?

I may just chicken out and pin them as, unlike the X-wing, this ship isn't quite as spectacular with S-foils closed.

Beautiful job!!!!

Just finished her up!
View attachment 732815View attachment 732814View attachment 732816View attachment 732817View attachment 732818View attachment 732819

- - - Updated - - -

It's a Neisen kit - HEAVILY modified to make the wings work and cockpit swivel. Not for the faint of heart.

Love it! I talked to Steve about a 1/24 scale of this he said he had available at Celebration. Is this the same scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it! I talked to Steve about a 1/24 scale of this he said he had available at Celebration. Is this the same scale?

I assume you talk about Steve from Nice-N models. I just got one from him, it's being shipped right now, according to the package tracking, I should get it on tuesday. When I asked Steve, he said he had 2 bwings in stock. So unless he got another order rencetly, he should still have one left.

I assume you talk about Steve from Nice-N models. I just got one from him, it's being shipped right now, according to the package tracking, I should get it on tuesday. When I asked Steve, he said he had 2 bwings in stock. So unless he got another order rencetly, he should still have one left.

Yes, that's who I was referring to. And that's awesome, I'm happy for you. I'd love to see some pics when it arrives.

Steve's are actual studio scale, not 1/24. The actual scale comes to 1/32 on this ship.

I could have sworn he said he had a 1/24 scale available because that's what I'm looking for, but I could be wrong...

Alfred Wong has sold a kit of it in 1/24 scale in the past.

Robert Burns was selling a kit in 1/24. I'll bet it was Alfred's pattern though.

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=56861

I would be happy to have that version, but I wonder what the likelihood of him getting 20 confirmed orders are. Any idea if he's got a thread or place where he's got a running list of confirmed orders?

I got that old 1/24th B wing and it took me ages to complete. It looks good now but without alot of help from some members here it would be back in the box or the bin.
Tough build:http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=138294
At least with Steves it is SS. I saw one of these finished here by an ex member at a SW funday ( cast by Frank, and it was near perfect) and it was ,very like Jasons, a stunning model. Size isn't everything.
Has anyone got any photos of Wonderfest? Usually there is a video or picture links but so far nothing. Please stick some up . I need a fix quick!!!

Alfred Wong has sold a kit of it in 1/24 scale in the past.

Robert Burns was selling a kit in 1/24. I'll bet it was Alfred's pattern though.

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=56861
When I look at the photos in the link, I don't know if the pilot is actually 1/24th, but it looks much bigger inside the cockpit than on the studio scale version (and I don't mean just the Nice-N version, when you look at photos of the production model). So I don't know if the pilot in the 1/24th is oversized, but it makes me wonder if the model is truely at 1/24 and not something in between. In fact many things look a bit off, proportionwise, the whole cockipt seems smaller while the guns look too big. Maybe it's just me.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back